Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

This could maybe happen if Hillary died 5 days before the election I guess.

Actually, early voting would probably prevent that. Maybe 20 days?

Kaine would probably be elected anyway, as ballots would all still say Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

The yoogest, most luxurious election.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
This is my map. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

(Inspired by the recent poll showing Trump up only 3 points in Missouri. Gave him Iowa because it's a coinflip anyway and my map needs to be unique.)

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

This is my map. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

(Inspired by the recent poll showing Trump up only 3 points in Missouri. Gave him Iowa because it's a coinflip anyway and my map needs to be unique.)

Lol at Missouri going blue before Iowa

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Latest poll shows Iowa C+3, Missouri T+3.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vox Nihili posted:

That would still mean Kaine v Trump

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ego-bot posted:

Latest poll shows Iowa C+3, Missouri T+3.

That's right, though the average of recent Iowa polls shows just a very slight Clinton lead, and we only have a single poll to go on for Missouri.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Discendo Vox posted:

That would still mean Kaine v Trump

Clinton dying and leaving the Presidency to Tim Kaine means that if nothing else Virginia is blue as gently caress.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Clinton will win the popular vote by about ~10 points or so. Texas, Indiana, and Montana will all be close Trump wins.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Boring, conventional close election map. Not the best-case scenario for Trump (without big changes to the fundamentals of the race) but probably close.

Fat Lowtax has issued a correction as of 07:46 on Aug 18, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hey! Where the hell is the one I made? :mad:

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I haven't updated in a while due to life stuff. Will get to it tonight.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Hold on to your butts

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Feral_Shofixti posted:

Dafuq is wrong with you guys

TRUMP

I would like to add that this is only valid if Hillary does not cheat.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
How many faithless electors do you think we'd have if we really had a 269-269 tie based on the states' votes?

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

170 to win.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

clintonloss.jpg

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This election is not a joke and you should not be making light of it. It's a tough and emotional thing for a country to go through, speaking from personal experience, and I know that it's often much harder on the electorate than on the candidates.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pinterest Mom posted:

clintonloss.jpg

lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
E: n/m

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Pinterest Mom posted:

clintonloss.jpg

holy poo poo

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pinterest Mom posted:

clintonloss.jpg

nice

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pinterest Mom posted:

clintonloss.jpg

:perfect:

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Is Jaguar Johnson winning Nebraska 3rd district?

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ego-bot posted:

Is Jaguar Johnson winning Nebraska 3rd district?

This is Something Awful, and you're surprised someone put a big floppy Johnson in the middle of their map?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pinterest Mom posted:

clintonloss.jpg

This is how the world ends

Not with a bang but this map

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

EngineerSean posted:

How many faithless electors do you think we'd have if we really had a 269-269 tie based on the states' votes?

Two, but they're in different parties and they cancel each other's vote out.

chaos_reigns_fox.jpg

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi
Realistic Road to the Thousand Year Trumpenreich.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

It's initially a tie but Hillary wins a recount in Nevada.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Fun electoral map history thing:

Alf Landon is infamous for getting absolutely spanked by FDR in the 1936 election, getting a whopping 8 votes in the college (Maine and Vermont). The election is also fun because, as today, polling was a disaster and the primaries and third parties were a total mess. It's worth taking a look at, since it seems the SA elects thread has sadly died.

But here's the fun part: while researching another project, I found that Landon gave a five-minute speech outlining his personal beliefs on Edward R. Murrow's This I believe program in the 1950s.

Give it a listen. The guy actually seems pretty cool for being the greatest loser in US presidential history.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
im here from the future to warn you all~

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

im here from the future to warn you all~

thats not my actual guess btw~

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Gray is 3rd party

CHAOS REIGNS

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

http://www.270towin.com/presidential_map_new/maps/w1VJJ.png

e: This is more like it. Texas dangles in the right place and there's a faithless elector in Colorado for that little extra something.

HBar has issued a correction as of 23:58 on Sep 9, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I can make maps that no-one gets too!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Here's mine:

The theory behind this map is that Trump's support with non-college educated white voters pushes him over the edge in the second district in Maine and the whole of Iowa. It's a close race in Ohio and North Carolina, but Hillary wins by less than a point in each. Increased Hispanic turnout, along with a shift to the Democrats relative to 2012, is decisive in Nevada, North Carolina, and Florida. Georgia, Arizona, and Texas are surprisingly close, though not seriously in play by election day. The biggest surprise will be that Hillary performs better among white college-educated voters than Donald Trump, which hasn't happened since polling began to give us that information in 1952.

The vote will be very close in Nevada, Iowa, Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina, which will keep the election from being called until late in the evening, but will ultimately prove to be a decisive win in the electoral college. There'll be a lot of grousing on right-leaning media about recounts in critical states, but by the end of the night, even if there are recounts in a couple states, it won't have a material effect on the outcome and will only be a question of the margin of Hillary's victory in the electoral college.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

I'm

• Locked thread