Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

the great deceiver posted:

right on thanks for the info. drat i was hoping it could be done in a couple hours instead of overnight but i probably should have known better. i have a bag of dried chilis but they arent the kind you mentioned and the mexican market near me isnt open til tomorrow. depending on how i feel tomorrow i might just get some premade enchilada sauce or else put them off til later this week.

It might be worth the wait. Our normal-style chicken on that menu (we also did a tinga that would make you want to move in next door) was a slow simmer, shredded meat kind of thing with a shitload of that encho sauce in it, it's great for spanish rice, you could try your hand at a nice rojo salsa and use that in there, it's super versatile if you want to make enough for leftovers. It's a pain in the rear end at first but once you've got it you're basically on autopilot.

I miss working at that restaurant so much. I'd been eating there for years before finding myself unemployed and running into the owners at a bar, I can't describe the level of pride I took in cooking the food I'd already loved and talked up for ages. Plus I'm a loving monster at mexican food now, which is a good trait to have at cookouts. My guacamole game is hideous.

Real Mean Queen fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Cowboy Pope posted:

It might be worth the wait. Our normal-style chicken on that menu (we also did a tinga that would make you want to move in next door) was a slow simmer, shredded meat kind of thing with a shitload of that encho sauce in it, it's great for spanish rice, you could try your hand at a nice rojo salsa and use that in there, it's super versatile if you want to make enough for leftovers. It's a pain in the rear end at first but once you've got it you're basically on autopilot.

I miss working at that restaurant so much. I'd been eating there for years before finding myself unemployed and running into the owners at a bar, I can't describe the level of pride I took in cooking the food I'd already loved and talked up for ages. Plus I'm a loving monster at mexican food now, which is a good trait to have at cookouts. My guacamole game is hideous.

oh man i'm jealous. i've never had any formal training with mexican food or worked in a kitchen that did mexican despite that being the type of food i want to cook the most. everything i've learned about mexican cooking i've had to learn at home.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i graduated and i am procrastinating too much about getting a real man job instead of my dumb half job and i must stop this lazy cycle of bonghits and video games but its just so cozy

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d9-RxHRtR0

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

oh man i'm jealous. i've never had any formal training with mexican food or worked in a kitchen that did mexican despite that being the type of food i want to cook the most. everything i've learned about mexican cooking i've had to learn at home.

It's a huge pain in the rear end when you have to do it at home with ingredients you bought, that's for sure. I am incredibly lucky to have been able to just try stuff out in an encouraging environment that already had good recipes.

If you ever make salsa, blacken those tomatoes HARD in a pan before using them. Burn the gently caress out of them. The insides will still be nice and tomato style, but that char is where the flavor lives

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just yanken out pubic hairs for fun until I fall asleep.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

aw gently caress I coughed and now theres like a million hairs around for me to pick up :ughh:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

riding my bike to the swimming hole tomorrow drinking beers with the boys

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diJNybk0Mw

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
i dont understand women, theyre like bipolar cats or something, and it makes me want to die

thats my story

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Cowboy Pope posted:

how do you make that goopy white cheese that you eat with chips, i dont care about your fancy poo poo

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

RE enchilada chat: you don't have to soak the dried chilis overnight you can nuke them for 15 sec to get the seeds & stems out and then simmer then in stock or water until they are soft (like 20-30 min) before blending them. this is what i do for my chili puree that i use in my chile con carne and chilaquiles and stuff it's all the same base i keep in the freezer, but for enchiladas you add garlic, shallot, and w/e plus some crema yum!

check seriouseats if you don't believe me bitches!

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

I'm trying to learn to cook, so far it is enjoyable and rewarding. However, I think I'm only doing it as an attempt at having control of at least one facet of my life, and I still want to die.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
You know what day it is? Its weed beer nachos redlettermedia counter strike go day!!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am having cuban food again today but not a sandwich cause i had one earlier this week. pallomilla steak is extremely my poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
but they have good ropa vieja too ... hrmm now i am torn

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Turdo posted:

I'm trying to learn to cook, so far it is enjoyable and rewarding. However, I think I'm only doing it as an attempt at having control of at least one facet of my life, and I still want to die.
spoiler alert you will still want to die afterwards. you have to find the happiness within yourself :angel:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i am shopping for a new bluetooth speaker that isn't complete garbage but i cant afford sonos or bose stuff can somebody help me out here? i dont want to pay more than like $50 or so unless it's really good

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i think I can write Python, which is nice

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

psychokitty posted:

RE enchilada chat: you don't have to soak the dried chilis overnight you can nuke them for 15 sec to get the seeds & stems out and then simmer then in stock or water until they are soft (like 20-30 min) before blending them. this is what i do for my chili puree that i use in my chile con carne and chilaquiles and stuff it's all the same base i keep in the freezer, but for enchiladas you add garlic, shallot, and w/e plus some crema yum!

check seriouseats if you don't believe me bitches!

hmmmm interesting. i might have to try this method in the interest of time. i still got a week and a half of vacation so i think i'm gonna put the enchiladas off til later this week so i can spend a whole day on em.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Cowboy Pope posted:

It's a huge pain in the rear end when you have to do it at home with ingredients you bought, that's for sure. I am incredibly lucky to have been able to just try stuff out in an encouraging environment that already had good recipes.

If you ever make salsa, blacken those tomatoes HARD in a pan before using them. Burn the gently caress out of them. The insides will still be nice and tomato style, but that char is where the flavor lives

i'm definitely gonna make salsa today with blackened tomatoes. i have 5 tomato plants in my garden that are all ripe right now so i have more fresh tomatoes than i know what to do with.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I ate too much Indian food last night and I have woken up with the odd sensation of being very hungry but also having a very full tum tum. It's very uncomfortable. I'm hoping I don't get the shits later today.

Also the missus is low-key angry at me for a reason she can't adequately explain. But she had a poo poo day at work so she is forgetting that so she gets pats on the head and a cuddle.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I'm on an EU passport in the uk, was about to buy a house but brexit happened aaaaaand now I don't know what to do.

Maybe move back to san francisco

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
on a caffeine-fueled cleaning spree at the moment

pausing to shitpost a bit then back to it

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

snack

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Nice apple, honeycrisp?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I am finally gonna rewatch no country for old men tonight

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

King of Bees posted:

Nice apple, honeycrisp?
It's a watermelon but thanks

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey posted:

I am finally gonna rewatch no country for old men tonight

name some other post-2000 movies that contend with this ... its like one of the better movies to come out last 2 decades i feel like

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

thathonkey posted:

name some other post-2000 movies that contend with this ... its like one of the better movies to come out last 2 decades i feel like
Its good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i decided to get the steak palomilla. eating it now. i am in heaven :greencube:

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
I'm waiting for my shift to end so I can get drunk an dgo to bed. HBU king O' Bees?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thathonkey posted:

on a caffeine-fueled cleaning spree at the moment

pausing to shitpost a bit then back to it

thats exactly what i did yesterday but it was a caffeine and norco fueled cleaning spree. all my laundry is done and everything is so clean. there is nothing left for me to clean.

im going over to a coworkers in a couple hours and him and his wife are super into doing dabs but i dont like dabs so i will have to politely decline.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

DoctorCatapult posted:

I'm waiting for my shift to end so I can get drunk an dgo to bed. HBU king O' Bees?

Eh. I've had some kind of low grade bug all day. Had some soup for dinner and ordered a pizza for the kids. I couldn't be assed to cook. Hoping it passes during the night. Me and the boy are still marathoning breaking bad. :)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

King of Bees posted:

Eh. I've had some kind of low grade bug all day.
it's AIDS :(

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
welcome to my butthole

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thats exactly what i did yesterday but it was a caffeine and norco fueled cleaning spree. all my laundry is done and everything is so clean. there is nothing left for me to clean.

im going over to a coworkers in a couple hours and him and his wife are super into doing dabs but i dont like dabs so i will have to politely decline.

how much hydro you take to get buzzed ?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

av owns

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah 24 hr AIDS I think. Just need some Imodium and ibuprofen. Wear a ribbon for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

thathonkey posted:

how much hydro you take to get buzzed ?

like 50-60mgs. i'll usually get like 10 norcs and split em over 2 days

• Locked thread