Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I used to do wet felting, needle felting, and spinning, but I have since moved on to other hobbies (quilting!) and I have an absolute TON of wool that I will not use. Would anybody be interested in buying some for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP? Like shipping and a few dollars cheap. You can cram a ton of this stuff in a pretty small package.

--a bunch of sunset colored roving
--some gray/green/blue stuff that is sort of greasy and curly, like a rawer sort of wool
--rust and olive
--mint and purple
--swirly sparkly stuff: yellow/orange, blue/black, purple, two blue/yellow/greens
--some ugly mixed color thing

This isn't even everything I have. I also have a bunch of special effects stuff, like sparkles you can mix in.

(if this isn't appropriate for this thread, lemme know and I'll move it to SA Mart)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bananachin posted:

How much to ship it to Japan because I adore that sunset wool but would divest you of the rest (particularly the earth tones) if you just want to get rid of it all at once.

Looks like if I crammed it in a flat rate box it would be like $30-40? I think if I sent it all I'd need a larger box. And honestly I'd be happy to send it just for cost of shipping. I have a bunch more wool at my parents' house so I'll go get that tomorrow and go through it and see what all else I have.

So you would like the sunset wool, the olive/rust,some of the gray/green/blue rawer wool, and any other earthy tones I might have? Maybe some of the mixed color stuff for filler?

Organaz Quiz, if I sent you a ton of stuff for shipping do you want any? Also do you like sparkles and bright non earth tones?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Organza Quiz posted:

Thanks for the offer but I'm good, thanks. I am curious about sparkle wool, though. Is it just like roving with glitter embedded in it or is it more like strands? Does it work okay for needle felting?

A lot of it is angelina fibers which are very shiny, very tiny, and very soft. A bit of googling suggests that you can totally needle felt with it, and it's also heat bondable so even if it doesn't felt 100% you can use a low iron or hair dryer to fuse it. I have a bunch of pure angelina in about a dozen colors and a little bit goes a looooong way if you want me to throw some in a regular envelope and send it your way.

The sparkle batts were made for spinning, not felting, and they have other fibers besides wool in them (rayon, silk, polyester, angelina...who knows) but I know they work for wet felting because the fibers just get so drat mixed together.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
There will be plenty for all, as it turns out I have an entire storage bin full of fiber. Tomorrow I will probably start an SA mart thread instead of clogging up this one.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
You're probably right, this stuff is incredibly light.

Anyway, here's my selling thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789045

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Random Ferret, do you want anything else from the SA Mart thread other than the sparkly batts?

Bananachin, it's going to be much cheaper to send this to you than I thought, and I pulled out all the other earth tones for you.

Neither of you have PMs so I need to know where to send this stuff.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bananachin posted:

Boof, sorry for vanishing. I'll take the coral roving, jade roving, blue/green swirl roving, dark red/purple swirl roving, dark green swirl roving, natural brown wool, pink jacob roving, orange jacob roving, and the gallon bag as well. I think that adds up to 30 USD, how much more would you like to cover international shipping?

Not sure about the cost of shipping, let me box this all up and see how much it weighs.

The jacob roving is much thicker and coarser than merino and I don't know how well it will work for needle felting--do you still want it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bananachin posted:

I'll give it a go - I've salvaged some dollar-store dross in the past and if it's absolutely unworkable, I'll just ship it to my mum. She spins as a hobby so she'll find some use for it.

Actually if you could add an envelope-sampler of those angelina fibers too that'd be rad.

Sounds good, email me at REDACTED and we can work out details.

Also if you make anything cool with this stuff you have to post it here for me to see.

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 15, 2016

• Locked thread