Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Oh excellent there's a thread for this - agreed about stabbing things being therapeutic (until you perforate a nice little tunnel through the pad of your index finger.)

I've lately been more into stampmaking but when I do felt, I mostly make pokemon. The scolipede was my first project and it took something like a month, which in retrospect is a depressingly decent turnaround for my projects :sigh:

(Pokemon Sun/Moon spoilers)

Not a pokemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Seems pretty solid; my only addition would be a larger bag (50g or so?) of neutral-colored wool for constructing bases. Makes your colors go much further especially if your sculptures are on the larger side.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I used to do wet felting, needle felting, and spinning, but I have since moved on to other hobbies (quilting!) and I have an absolute TON of wool that I will not use. Would anybody be interested in buying some for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP? Like shipping and a few dollars cheap. You can cram a ton of this stuff in a pretty small package.

How much to ship it to Japan because I adore that sunset wool but would divest you of the rest (particularly the earth tones) if you just want to get rid of it all at once.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Looks like if I crammed it in a flat rate box it would be like $30-40? I think if I sent it all I'd need a larger box. And honestly I'd be happy to send it just for cost of shipping. I have a bunch more wool at my parents' house so I'll go get that tomorrow and go through it and see what all else I have.

So you would like the sunset wool, the olive/rust,some of the gray/green/blue rawer wool, and any other earthy tones I might have? Maybe some of the mixed color stuff for filler?

Organaz Quiz, if I sent you a ton of stuff for shipping do you want any? Also do you like sparkles and bright non earth tones?

The sunset, olive+rust, and the stormy raw stuff sounds good, yeah. If nobody else calls dibs on all of that sparkly nonsense, I'm interested.

I've actually got a six-pack of what more-or-less amounts to tinsel bordering on choking hazard (I've used it so far for "reflections" in pupils), but would be interested in seeing what else you've got if it's not too much trouble to amass the rest of your collection :)

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Boof, sorry for vanishing. I'll take the coral roving, jade roving, blue/green swirl roving, dark red/purple swirl roving, dark green swirl roving, natural brown wool, pink jacob roving, orange jacob roving, and the gallon bag as well. I think that adds up to 30 USD, how much more would you like to cover international shipping?

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
I'll give it a go - I've salvaged some dollar-store dross in the past and if it's absolutely unworkable, I'll just ship it to my mum. She spins as a hobby so she'll find some use for it.

Actually if you could add an envelope-sampler of those angelina fibers too that'd be rad.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
A Weekend Wool Worm.

I've finally completed this evolutionary line - Scolipede (the horse) was my first ever needlefelt project, and I whipped up Venipede (the grub) not too long after. I made Whirlipede (the pillbug)'s core body months and months ago, but I put off adding horns for ages until I made a craft date with a friend this weekend.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Also if you make anything cool with this stuff you have to post it here for me to see.

Will do! Your package arrived at my post office so I've arranged for its delivery to my place tomorrow night. Thanks again for sending it!

Here's a quick and nasty photo of my current (arduous, nasty-if-satisfying) project:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Here's my finished tort'

• Locked thread