Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

happy anniversary to this much beloved franchise with passionate fans, from nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Soral posted:

happy anniversary to this much beloved franchise with passionate fans, from nintendo

Time for the "Was it Nintendo or a dmca troll" game.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 8, 2016

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i haven't played an actual 2D metroid in a long time but man the movement in this feels really good.

yeah the lil morph ball tunnels to dead ends was a thing the original did too, i remember that bit. like teasing you with wots to come.

Soral
May 30, 2009

there is a puzzle in the third zone that is kind of crazy and also i can't figure it out. wasn't expecting it at all, though, it's kinda cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

im glad the timing for bomb jumping is not as strict in this game, got to that one missile tank over the first miniboss after he opens the ceiling with it. you dont really need to luck in with it to cling on walls, maybe sometimes with ceilings

yeah you can just tap the bomb button really fast and luck into the right rhythm, only thing to watch out for is that a bomb explosion cancels the spider ball

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soral posted:

there is a puzzle in the third zone that is kind of crazy and also i can't figure it out. wasn't expecting it at all, though, it's kinda cool

i really really liked the (boss spoilers) the chozo statue boss when you get space jump, when the second phase kicked in and relied on you being able to use and switched up how the boss moved I was totally surprised.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
you might want to check your server

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the website is still up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why would they even care about a free mod

Soral
May 30, 2009

frank.club posted:

i really really liked the (boss spoilers) the chozo statue boss when you get space jump, when the second phase kicked in and relied on you being able to use and switched up how the boss moved I was totally surprised.

yeah that was fantastic. i just finished the third zone and the really tiny area after it gave me total super metroid vibes. it was really awesome

Soral
May 30, 2009

this game gets better and better the further in you get. holy poo poo

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Jesus, that fight with Serris, with the music and everything. Was not expecting that at all.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

does this have ghetto jumping?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i just downloaded the game, so the site seems to be still up

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
http://i.imgur.com/KLKbsjN.mp4

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

How do you do that?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

AHungryRobot posted:

How do you do that?

Hold down and morph while charging.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Holy mother of God.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Schwing!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

Holy mother of God.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love this game and im not going to stop playing it till I get 100% this morning

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm going to play this today. I'm glad I downloaded it before it got taken down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I'm going to play this today. I'm glad I downloaded it before it got taken down

it actually didnt and that was a troll

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a way to check your % in game without restarting and looking at the main menu

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I appreciate the prime-style charge beam that draws ammo and health drops to Samus

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I appreciate the prime-style charge beam that draws ammo and health drops to Samus

I like the in game lore that you just get automatically to read

Soral
May 30, 2009

the level of shinespark skill required to get some of these optional upgrades is so intense, i thought i'd never be able to get them

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least you don't lose health when you shinespark

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

And I've been regular bomb jumping like a sucker

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Hold down and morph while charging.

huh, i remember when i first did that the bombs just flew all over instead of a straight line

Soral
May 30, 2009

you have to hold down until the bombs fly out. if you let go they shoot out all over

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ah, figured that was it. Tyvm

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

you have to hold down until the bombs fly out. if you let go they shoot out all over

If you do it in midair the bombs shoot out in a triangle pattern with 1 bomb in the center.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Somewhere in No Man's Sky there is a planet with Metroids on it...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Somewhere in No Man's Sky there is a planet with Metroids on it...

That's impossible because the last metroid is in captivity, and the galaxy is at peace.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tower and the power core in its basement was a sick level. The Zeta metroids are scary.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

In Training posted:

The tower and the power core in its basement was a sick level. The Zeta metroids are scary.

Zetas are loving bastards. Luckily it seems like a majority of the areas they're in have ways to cheese the fights.

Also has anyone gotten the gravity suit yet in the underwater area? I'm stuck behind these weird blue bubble wall things. Anyone know what I'm talking about and gotten past them yet?

PixoPoxo fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 8, 2016

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
The first Omega kicked my rear end. Its distance from the last save point told me the game was no longer messing around. I was no longer messing around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SGR posted:

Zetas are loving bastards. Luckily it seems like a majority of the areas they're in have ways to cheese the fights.

Also has anyone gotten the gravity suit yet in the underwater area? I'm stuck behind these weird blue bubble wall things. Anyone know what I'm talking about and gotten past them yet?

I got to that area and stopped to make lunch and do errands so I'll let you know if I discover anything later.

• Locked thread