Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Just get a vape. Don't buy the poo poo disposables or the cheap starter kits. They'll break down and you'll just go buy more cigs. Drop $125-150 or so on a good unit and some 8mg liquid. Next time you buy liquid get 6mg. Then 4, then 2, then 0. You can sell your vape afterwards and recoup some cost.

I wasted so much more money on other methods trying to stop but this taper worked, after I went through about 3 lovely vape pens that leaked and failed. Just don't cheap out on a lovely one because it's gonna break and you'll find yourself in the car on the way to the gas station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

You just gotta think of vaping as wearing braces. Looking like a dork for a while to achieve greatly improved quality of life is worth it. I don't know any former snaggletooths who regretted getting braces.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Iron Prince posted:

10000x this. i smoked probably 1.5 to 2 full packs a day of marlboro or camel reds a day while i was in the navy and even the max nicotine levels i could get out of a vape didnt stop me from hitting the nearest open store for a fresh pack of cowboy killers

Did you get the max nicotine available in the disposables or drip liquid from a shop?

The place I went to goes up to 28mg nicotine before they start cautioning you, a couple pulls of it and I'd get light headed and I was around 1.5 packs a day.

I think the Blus are typically like 6mg.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 6, 2016

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

criscodisco posted:

I'd add to that just the everyday routines. When I go to the kitchen to make dinner, I light a cigarette. When I start the car, I light a cigarette. Those type of things, I can't imagine doing without a smoke.

yeah the nicotine is the easy part to break. i sit at a desk all day and getting up to smoke and later vape was the only time I could like...move around at work. i just took vape breaks.

same way with drinking. i hate drinking, hate not being in control of it. but if I'm at home and I don't have something to sip on it just doesn't feel right. not yet at least. "just drink less each day and sip on some lemonade or ice water it's not hard lmao" but poo poo doesn't work that way. tapering can and does work with alcohol but I don't think that's a method that'll work here. maybe it could and I'm just not in the right mindset.

still have a long ways to go. addiction to routine + addiction to a substance is crazy.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 6, 2016

• Locked thread