Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

If you haven't played Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong do that.

Underrail is really good but not party-based, same w Age of Decadence.

Divinity: Original Sin owns if you can run it.

The Geneforge games are great and would run on my fat rear end so play those.

Invisible Inc is more or less an RPG and it's amazing.

Wasteland 2 is ok I guess.

Blackguards is pretty fun, Blackguards 2 is fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

invisible inc owns and is one of my all time favorite games but its not a crpg.
it scratches similar itches so it counts. I'm a genre prescriptivist

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

frank.club posted:

I haven't played planescape yet
Jesus Christ.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you had the option to. don't deflect

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Five in Russia posted:

Should I just skip Shadowrun returns and play the others?
yeah the first one kind of sucks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pumprag posted:

I think Pillars of Eternity is actually better then all the Baldur Gate, Neverwinter Nights or Icewind Dale games.
I don't really like any of those apart from Icewind Dale. NWN has loads of great user-made modules but those don't count... I'm a huge CRPG weirdo but I guess I just don't like Infinity Engine style RTwP

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Geneforge is his best stuff. Avadon sucks rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, it's pretty lovely overall.
the saddest part is he says that modern Bioware games are exactly what he would make if he had the money and Avadon is his best attempt at doing that thing, so I guess Avernum and Geneforge (and Nethergate? haven't played it) were just happy accidents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I got hundreds of hours out of NWN just playing mods. I don't know if I even touched the actual game.
yeah, it's probably my second most played game ever next to Morrowind just because of the insane amount of cool modules so I can't hate on it really even though the mechanics suck rear end

• Locked thread