Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

dy. posted:

So I think you created a 'Standard' or 'ESPN Custom' league. These give you very limited control. What you actually want is a 'League Manager' league.

Not too late to set up a new league and import the draft if you want to.

I think you're right. Good call.

Too much hassle to get 12 people to switch to a different league at this point, but I'll definitely remember it for next year thanks.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Very confused about what's goings on. Is this this league or another league?

A different league. Nothing to see here, carry on. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Heh. Reluctantly started CJA because I wanted more to cheer for tonight :cool:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
I've updated the second post with team names, logos, and keeper values for next year, and once again i'm very proud of you all (except flax and oh snapple who should be taunted and bood until they upload cool pics)

please join me in lolling irl and giving internet high fives to bbf2 for his team name & logo

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
JPP's Littlefinger with fireworks in the background is A1

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

please join me in lolling irl and giving internet high fives to bbf2 for his team name & logo

It really is so good. I meant to say it in the draft.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gobias Ind. posted:

Heh. Reluctantly started CJA because I wanted more to cheer for tonight :cool:

Enjoy your win! New year and my team still sucks.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Looks like Week 1 will almost certainly be my best week of the year. 142.9 points with DJax still to play. All downhill from here baby!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Brown will get 8 more points than hyde right?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Tyrod Taylor: Useful as nipples on a breastplate.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Hallyne's Wildfire: you started Kadeem Carey :stare: And you still actually have a shot if Reed has a big game (very possible) and Rams murder Niners (almost certain)!

Antonio Brown going to outscore Hyde by more than 7, so the Manning Faced God is going to tear his ACL

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

RVProfootballer posted:

Hallyne's Wildfire: you started Kadeem Carey :stare: And you still actually have a shot if Reed has a big game (very possible) and Rams murder Niners (almost certain)!

Antonio Brown going to outscore Hyde by more than 7, so the Manning Faced God is going to tear his ACL

My rb2 situation is, uh, not great.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

nerve posted:

My rb2 situation is, uh, not great.

Brb going to send you some insultingly awful offer

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Let's see... Chris Thompson for AJ Green...

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Tyrod Taylor: Useful as nipples on a breastplate.

That be Terrance Williams ser.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Lock up that Redskins RB1 while I'm in a selling mood

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Well gently caress

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

That be Terrance Williams ser.

He's the other nipple...

Well played

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Well gently caress

Sorry for jinxing it for you, but also not sorry because goddamn I want Antonio Brown back

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
If I drop Keenan Allen can someone else pick him up and keep him for 5 bux next year or will my keeper cost transfer to any potential owners? Thanks!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

If I drop Keenan Allen can someone else pick him up and keep him for 5 bux next year or will my keeper cost transfer to any potential owners? Thanks!

His Keeper cost remains the same i believe.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Michael Corleone posted:

keeper values are set at the draft. for next season's draft, players will be their auction price + $5 (irrespective if they are dropped to FA) and undrafted players will be $1 base + $5

unless we vote on a rule change

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

keeper values are set at the draft. for next season's draft, players will be their auction price + $5 (irrespective if they are dropped to FA) and undrafted players will be $1 base + $5

unless we vote on a rule change

I personally like it how it is. Otherwise managers will have incentive to hold onto guys they don't want currently and don't want to keep, but want to keep out of another team's hands for $6 the next year.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
yeah it should definitely stay this way, if it were to change IR slots should probably be added

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

nerve posted:

yeah it should definitely stay this way, if it were to change IR slots should probably be added

This. The rules are perfect for keepers, but one IR slot is a good idea.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

I personally like it how it is. Otherwise managers will have incentive to hold onto guys they don't want currently and don't want to keep, but want to keep out of another team's hands for $6 the next year.

Yup, definitely agree that drafted players should base their keeper value off auction price even if dropped to waivers; however IMO $1 base for UDFAs isn't a great rule but since we already tried voting on that last year and failed i'm jaded. Software won't let us add an IR this year but we could vote on one for next year if it gets proposed and seconded.

Proposal: The Manning Faced God and an Unleashing of Dragons need to add a team logo by next MNF or else I will add one for them possibly changing their team names in the process

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 15, 2016

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Yup, definitely agree that drafted players should base their keeper value off auction price even if dropped to waivers; however IMO $1 base for UDFAs isn't a great rule but since we already tried voting on that last year and failed i'm jaded. Software won't let us add an IR this year but we could vote on one for next year if it gets proposed and seconded.

Proposal: The Manning Faced God and an Unleashing of Dragons need to add a team logo by next MNF or else I will add one for them possibly changing their team names in the process

Yes on changing their names and logos

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'll go ahead and officially Propose: One IR slot for next year.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Agreed.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Khal Tebow votes yea!

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'll go ahead and officially Propose: One IR slot for next year.

Khal Tebow seconds the motion, and preemptively votes yea!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yessss :getin:

Also yes on IR, obv.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Oh dang, I thought the rule on not being able to keep UDFA had already passed. That stinks, it was a good rule change.

I'm undecided on IR. I get that it's convenient, but part of me feels like you should sacrifice the bench spot if you really want to keep an injured player.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Impartial on IR

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I vote no on ir for the reason other dude said

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
To whoever picked up Carr at 5:30am this morning:

:smithicide:

I got way too drat cute, shoulda just pulled the trigger on the waiver.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm mad at whoever took Andy Dalton. I tried ot get him on Waivers but apaprently my waiver priority was garbage.

NEW RULE REQUEST

FAAB next year

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

To whoever picked up Carr at 5:30am this morning:

:smithicide:

I got way too drat cute, shoulda just pulled the trigger on the waiver.

:yosbutt:

The one upside to having to get up a little before 6am est. Happy to talk trade if you want, but Rivers could easily turn to poo without Keenan Allen, so really kinda like Carr as an insurance policy. He might've finished ahead of Rivers even without Keenan's injury.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'm mad at whoever took Andy Dalton. I tried ot get him on Waivers but apaprently my waiver priority was garbage.

NEW RULE REQUEST

FAAB next year

No to this.

Yes to logo changes, give one RG3 please.

Yes to IR.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

:yosbutt:

The one upside to having to get up a little before 6am est. Happy to talk trade if you want, but Rivers could easily turn to poo without Keenan Allen, so really kinda like Carr as an insurance policy. He might've finished ahead of Rivers even without Keenan's injury.

:lol:

This guy, already talking him up like he's a future HOFer.

I don't disagree with you.

Sure, shoot me a trade offer. QB is my weak area. I may be rolling with Alex Smith ROY. :gonk:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

:lol:

This guy, already talking him up like he's a future HOFer.

I don't disagree with you.

Sure, shoot me a trade offer. QB is my weak area. I may be rolling with Alex Smith ROY. :gonk:

Oh I was being sincere, I really do want to hold him as a back up for a few weeks at least, see how Rivers copes without Keenan. Umm lemme see what I can figure out...

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Really gotta earn a win this week after last weeks highway robbery

:argh: Carlosssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

With Wes Welker never going to be able to play football / do math ever again, I would like to warn the league of a pending name change.

• Locked thread