Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Back for another season, draft date/time works with me, gonna go with the classic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

Gonna just copy this GIF because I am lazy and maybe have one good keeper :( Putting Calvin Johnson on my trade block if any of you dudes are interested.

Did you check who was actually on your team, rather than going by draft? Pretty sure I finished with Calvin on my roster, and think you have better keepers than you think. Vaguely recall something like me trading away a cheap but injured Keenan Allen for Megatron? Don't remember though.

Edit: Yeah, just checked and I have Calvin. I've also got a few possible keepers might trade, along with some I'm going to keep:

Allen Robinson, Thomas Rawls, Demaryius Thomas, Devante Parker

sourdough fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 6, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

You stole my team gif, you sonofabitch. :getout:

http://imgur.com/a/agfqd

I'm in. Keeping Johnson and Nuk.

Also I'm keeping my team name because it's rad AF and still makes me laugh every time I see it.

e: Also IDK what happened with imgur and I don't know how to post links direct to pictures anymore.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Word. How did you do that? Where did you find the link?

Just opened the image itself and copied the url. I'm not an imgur pro and was on my phone anyway, so not sure whether there's a direct image link somewhere on the page you linked.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Fight Club Sandwich, in that keeper cost image you posted, does it include the $5 increase? Or is that what they cost last year?

Those were last year's prices, so add $5

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Do we do keeper trading or no? I'm really happy with Robinson and Rawls, but also have Demaryius Thomas and Devante Parker nice and cheap, so willing to talk about possible deals if anyone has like one really good keeper but no viable second one.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

alright y'all, teams are full up. oh snapple will keep his team, and bbf2 receives bronny football and kaynor gets mance raiders

keeper deadline is a week from now and draft is the week after that (Sept 4). Lets do this thing

e: draft is on Sept 3 like in the OP and like everybody voiced their opinion on, not Sept 4

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

I'm unclear how I'm no longer in this league, I posted in the season 4 thread.

Huh. Yup, keeping Wilson and Ingram.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Jeese I thought I'd have more money than a lot of folks. At least I've got brown and freeman for big discounts.

:shepicide:

But yeah, can't complain with Robinson and Rawls. Looking forward to getting outbid on all my targets!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm literally going to bid money for Christine Michael. Wtf

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'M SO EXCITED

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Good draft all. Now uh, someone want to send an RB my way (Khal Tebow)? I went a little crazy on receivers

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I'm salty that someone sniped my Spencer Ware. :argh:

Other than that I think I did pretty well. I have 3 of the top 8 ADP picks, and Charles at 16.

I also have some decent depth at both RB and WR, and I have lottery tickets like Josh Gordon and Dion Lewis.

Yeah, your roster looks kinda scary. I'm happy with my depth too, but do wish I would've gotten a lesser WR2 than Jeffery for $55 so I could've gone for another RB2ish guy. Really happy with Tate and Woodhead as next two guys up, though.

And where the hell were the price enforcers when Sims went for $3?!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Hallyne's Wildfire: you started Kadeem Carey :stare: And you still actually have a shot if Reed has a big game (very possible) and Rams murder Niners (almost certain)!

Antonio Brown going to outscore Hyde by more than 7, so the Manning Faced God is going to tear his ACL

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

nerve posted:

My rb2 situation is, uh, not great.

Brb going to send you some insultingly awful offer

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Let's see... Chris Thompson for AJ Green...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Lock up that Redskins RB1 while I'm in a selling mood

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Well gently caress

Sorry for jinxing it for you, but also not sorry because goddamn I want Antonio Brown back

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

keeper values are set at the draft. for next season's draft, players will be their auction price + $5 (irrespective if they are dropped to FA) and undrafted players will be $1 base + $5

unless we vote on a rule change

I personally like it how it is. Otherwise managers will have incentive to hold onto guys they don't want currently and don't want to keep, but want to keep out of another team's hands for $6 the next year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Proposal: The Manning Faced God and an Unleashing of Dragons need to add a team logo by next MNF or else I will add one for them possibly changing their team names in the process

Khal Tebow votes yea!

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'll go ahead and officially Propose: One IR slot for next year.

Khal Tebow seconds the motion, and preemptively votes yea!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

To whoever picked up Carr at 5:30am this morning:

:smithicide:

I got way too drat cute, shoulda just pulled the trigger on the waiver.

:yosbutt:

The one upside to having to get up a little before 6am est. Happy to talk trade if you want, but Rivers could easily turn to poo without Keenan Allen, so really kinda like Carr as an insurance policy. He might've finished ahead of Rivers even without Keenan's injury.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

:lol:

This guy, already talking him up like he's a future HOFer.

I don't disagree with you.

Sure, shoot me a trade offer. QB is my weak area. I may be rolling with Alex Smith ROY. :gonk:

Oh I was being sincere, I really do want to hold him as a back up for a few weeks at least, see how Rivers copes without Keenan. Umm lemme see what I can figure out...

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

So was I. It was a good pickup for you. He's not a WW player, he shouldn't even have been there.

But that trade offer was uh... yeah.

I wouldn't have done that trade in redraft, let alone one where I control Nuk for years at such a good price.

I also don't want to trade Gordon. He could also potentially be a great value for a few years.

e: Just to clarify that when I was saying make a trade offer, I was expecting a swap for like Doctson or Diggs. Someone with potential that I don't necessarily want to lose, but could afford to in order to make up for my own mistake. Trading away my starters had not entered my mind.

Yeah, the keeper difference was what I figured would kill it. But I guess I don't get the objection in straight redraft. I wouldn't be very surprised if Jeffery matches or beats Hopkins this year, given the second half of last year in Houston (when they weren't a trash fire that threw on like 70% of plays) and the lack of any other targets in Chicago. A QB1 with a soft schedule isn't worth nothing, too. I tried to find some lesser guys to target, but none really made sense. I've got enough depth guys, I need starting upgrades. Anyway, no worries, like I said I thought the keeper value difference would be too much, but had to try :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

How come last year no one would trade me a wet paper towel for a super-bargain-keeper Cameron Neutron yet now Derek Carr is a valued commodity?

edit: Is there a way to look through trade proposals from last year? Just going through my email, here are all the rejected offers:

Week 4: Cam Newton & James Jones for CJ Anderson & Davante Adams. Also Cam Newton for CJ Anderson straight up.
Week 6: Cam Newton for Steve Smith
Week 10ish: Cam Newton for John Brown

Haha, I remember you trying to trade him and not being interested, but don't think I had CJA, Smith, or Brown. I do remember wishing I'd met your crazy low asking price once we were later in the year, though. Just trying to overcompensate for our bad decisions from last year!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

:respek: It's all good.

As for my objection in redraft:

I'm probably more down on Jeffery than others (and possibly higher on Hopkins, I suppose.) Even if you were to call them even, then Carr for Gordon still wouldn't work for me. Carr is technically a QB1 I guess (12th in ADP this year), but at that level I find most QB's pretty much interchangeable. I wouldn't mind having WInston, Dalton, Stafford, etc... Gordon OTOH is a lottery ticket with a solid chance of a very high return.

I think Tyrod and Alex Smith are a level below those guys, but the difference isn't that much.

My 2c

eta: It wasn't my worst trade offer of the day. Someone in another (keeper) league offered me DeMarco Murray and Michael Crabtree for AP and Gordon. Like, what?

Wait, what offer did I send hahah. I thought I was only asking for Hopkins, not Gordon. Jeffery and Carr for Nuk... Though I still thought the keeper price made it probably on the wrong side of even from your point of view.

And I gave it some more thought and actually think I'm lower on Hopkins and higher on Jeffery than many. I sold off Hopkins in the two dynasties I had him, as I didn't think he'd repeat last year, and ended up with Jeffery in both goon keeper leagues I'm in and bought him up in another dynasty. I think he's got this weird injury prone stigma that isn't real that's bringing down his value a bit. Not that I'd prefer Jeffery straight up, just that I don't think there's too much of a gap this year.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 17, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yah, just checked the trade email and no Gordons were involved :) I wasn't trying to extort you that bad.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
My team :negative:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Khal Tebow has a bunch of WRs but is relying on Rawls and Woodhead for RB2 and 3. Hit me up if you've got the reverse problem!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Please give Tebow all your RBs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Soooo... anyone want Golden Tate? :lol:

:suicide:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I have 5 guys on bye and 3 Miami/Tennessee guys playing in a game at risk of cancellation if the hurricane is bad enough. I hope I have a team this week!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Whoa, my decision to put in Coates as a boom/bust guy since I needed to make up a big deficit from Fitzgerald + Cards DST kinda worked out.

Edit: lmao apparently Coates also managed to have 4 drops, 3 of which (according to rotoworld) would've been touchdowns

sourdough fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 9, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I've (Khal Tebow) got a few good receivers I don't need and desperately need some RB help. I sent an offer to someone but am happy to get some too. If in doubt, just make an offer, I won't be offended if it's lovely, I just won't accept it :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Lol ACL with Denver and Minnesota. What waiver priority were you? My #8 didn't get it done

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Bronns, the guy who had them was at 3 but didnt use the waiver to re roster them after the fact. I wanted to get them or make bronns use his waiver

Dropped them for Chargers D, which worked out this week to be fair, but pretty sure he's going to regret that soon

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

dy. posted:

Hello someone please trade me a RB.

Sincerely,

Guy who is starting Ryan Mathews and Isiah Crowell every week.

gently caress I'm jealous also hating my RBs - guy starting Demarco Murray and Ajayi or Ware

sourdough fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 17, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Really wishing I had held on to Ware right about now.

JC setback helps my garbage RBs immensely (sorry to whoever owns JC)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I... I think I made some mistakes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

You look like an excellent candidate to buy roster options.

Hah yes, that would've helped this week. Though if anyone wanted to be in cheating for charity, should just join cheating for charity, rather than giving ESPN the money!

What, like paying $50 for Jamaal Charles kind of mistakes? :suicide:

Honestly I think your sit/start was mostly fine. I probably would have started Ajayi over Maclin in the flex, but that's only because Maclin hasn't shown much this year. Everything else looked like the right call.

Keeping Rawls, yet to be seen but maybe dropping Tate, spending $50something on Jeffery, etc etc. We've all been awful :v:

But yeah, I don't think I'd change anything. Maclin against a soft secondary I think was fine over chasing Ajayi's probable fluke week, especially against Buffalo's decent run defense (10th according to dvoa). Now I'll start Ajayi his next few games and see him revert to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Looked like a totally fine sell high on Ware, just losing a couple weeks of production til JC came back. I'm just lucky it didn't happen quite like that.

If Ajayi works out and Demarco stays healthy, I'm going to have lucked into a much nicer RB corps than I deserve after having Demarco, Rawls, Woodhead, and Rob Kelley as my RBs on draft day.

• Locked thread