Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I vote we get Marcurio: you can hire him easily in Riften without any quests and unlike most followers he does have some personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It'll be a while before we can get the best waifu. :drac:

So go adventure with Uthgerd The Unbroken first. She has a nice attitude.

FrozenCherry
Nov 12, 2013

Mr. Puffles, friend to all soul gems.
Pretty cool gem:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Download some mods and use The Dovahbbit Of Caerbannog, and/or his apprentice.

The backstory is very silly.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Tiggum posted:

Well, go with her then.

I could, but that requires getting a few missions into Dawnguard and I was hoping to not have to get out of the main quest too much, especially if I'm going to do the Dawnguard missions later in the LP.

FrozenCherry posted:

Mr. Puffles, friend to all soul gems.
Pretty cool gem:

YES

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
All right, so I realized shortly after asking that I probably shouldn't have left the question of who our next partner should be so open. So I'll be using the three suggestions -- I can't get Vampire Waifu until Dawnguard and still want to avoid mods, even for partners -- that have been usable so far, plus my personal favorite easy-to-get partner, into a handy list here. Vote from these four partners on who you want us to use (or keep, if you like Lydia).

Marcurio

Race: Imperial
Personality: Sassy history buff, likes to burn things.
Fighting style: Mage. He uses lightning and fire destruction spells and can also heal and buff himself before battles.

Uthgerd the Unbroken

Race: Nord
Personality: Angry warrior lady, accidentally killed a boy one time trying to join the companions, still mad about it, likes fist fights.
Fighting style: Warrior. She uses a greatsword -- oddly enough, she's actually more skilled in one-handed than two-handed so changing her equipment is a good idea when you acquire her -- and also wields a bow decently well.

Jenassa

Race: Dark Elf
Personality: Blood-starved and murderous sneak-thief, happy to kill pretty much anyone or everything.
Fighting style: Ranger. She does her best work with arrows, though she can also use (and duel-wield!) regular one-handed weapons. She's very good at sneaking so she rarely will tip off enemies that you're around if you're trying to sneak too.

Lydia

Race: Nord
Personality: Housecarl of Mr. Puffles, sworn to protect him and carry his burdens. Pretty bland person other than that trait.
Fighting style: Warrior, very similar to Uthgerd but with more archery abilities. Pretty drat good with bows and one-handed weapons along with a shield.

Incidentally, from the thread we've already got 1 vote for Lydia, 1 for Marcurio, and 1 for Uthgerd.

UZworm fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 18, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

UZworm posted:

Incidentally, from the thread we've already got 1 vote for Lydia, 1 for Marcurio, and 1 for Uthgerd.
Jenassa

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

:getin: Tie game!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Jenassa

It also means you can offload decent light armor onto her without missing out personally.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Marcurio

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Voting Marcurio (again :v: ).

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Jenassa

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Jenassa

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Marcurio would cover our unwillingness to use magic nicely.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Poor Lydia always so underestimated, but one of the best choices as a companion, valid both in melee and in ranged combat.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Everytime I've tried Lydia she's been useless. She goes down quickly and with a whimpy one hander she's not very effective at dealing damage either. :shrug:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can I change my vote to a write-in for Kharjo?

If you find him, of course.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Poil posted:

Everytime I've tried Lydia she's been useless. She goes down quickly and with a whimpy one hander she's not very effective at dealing damage either. :shrug:

And she has a great tendency to jump in and take one for the enemies whenever I'm flinging around magic.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Poil posted:

The only problem I had with her was the fact she often put herself in the line of attack, but that's quite common in followers. Give her a decent armor and weapon and she will endure a lot.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Jenassa

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Marcurio and also get Meeko or some other animal buddy.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Interesting thing about Lydia is that she has a lot of unique dialogue in the Dragonborn DLC.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Marcurio for his magic and for being one of the hired mercs that I used probably only one time ever so I'm not as familiar with him

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Marcurio the sass master

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
What about the cat wizard novice from the college? If I remember correctly you only need to get access to the college (which you should be able to do by shouting, so Puffles doesn't even need to sully his hands with magic) and field test some questionable scrolls/potions to recruit him.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
My lizard wizard is more badass than your dumb cat.

Thanakyris
Aug 22, 2015
Definitely Marcurio

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: UPDATE! :siren:

Episode 5 - Mr. Puffles Gets Trolled

I loving hate frost trolls

Also, the vote is going to go until I release video 6, which is the last one I'm still using Lydia in. (Unless you keep her in.) So keep votes coming!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I would be really appreciative if anyone would make a photoshop movie poster of "The Cat who Screams at Goats"

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Marcurio*

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Marcurio until you gain access to the One True Follower, J'zargo.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You know you can just walk past the frost troll, right? It's slow and gives up easily.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Poil posted:

You know you can just walk past the frost troll, right? It's slow and gives up easily.

WE ARE A MIGHTY WARRIOR THAT BACKS DOWN FROM NO FIGHT :catdrugs:

(I'm sure I would have given up after a while but I really wanted to see if my weak rear end could kill it)

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I vote for Marcurio so you can get exploded as you fight.

Killer Emcee
May 19, 2010

"Looks like your angel has misplaced her halo."
I vote for Utzgerg.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Jenassa so there are twice as many arrows as before. :v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Here we see a still of Mr. Puffles' first encounter with the frost troll under UZworm's original encoding settings.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nooo, ski faster Mr Puffles! :gonk:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Lizard Wizard posted:

Here we see a still of Mr. Puffles' first encounter with the frost troll under UZworm's original encoding settings.

Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiggymouse
Mar 4, 2013

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but

Poil posted:

Nooo, ski fasterfree-er Mr Puffles! :gonk:

Fixed that for you.

Also, burn down the world with Marcurio.

• Locked thread