Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Great LP so far, UZworm! This is about the most interested I've been in normal Skyrim outside of the Awful mod thread in like months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I might actually pick the game back up again, once you get into how to break the difficulty once the main quest is finished, in seven months.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm, how much editing have you done in the LP so far to avoid all the iconic catchphrases?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

Happy accident, honestly.

Though when I rewatched video 2 before doing the commentary I noticed there was literally an arrow in Mr. Puffles' knee during a kill cam and I'm very happy nobody else noticed :v:

Oh, poo poo. Good thing you're not playing a horse character. That kinda thing gets you put down.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lern 2 Hanjo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Star Man posted:

just fyi, UZ will be found dead at his home from either dehydration or alcohol poisoning while trying to chase that Halloween Mercy skin.

Which Mercy skin?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah, of course. The Witch Mercy skin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So is the LP going to return on the Special Edition version instead?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Don't Kill him. He sounds extremely old and god only knows how much health he must have. He'd probably be worse than that frost troll. It's not worth it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

What's the distinction here? They seem very similar.

Beats me. The briefcase in Pulp Fiction is an example of the former but I can't think of an example of the other one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This episode is a trainwreck? Oh boy, sign me up! I love LP trainwrecks! It's why I think Chitlin's Grimrock LP is so good.

Pick up the shield, drop the shield, pick it up again- put in your inventory, compare its stats to your old shield, stroke your chin as you weigh your options- drop it again, walk away, forget about it, remember it, try to find it, fail to find it, oh no Jerry's dead again.

Anyway, talking about the video now, I don't remember Loco having such a lisp. Great intro, by the way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

Close enough to morning.

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Episode 13: Mr. Puffles in Glitch City

Do you like Bethesda games loving up royally? Then you're gonna LOVE this video! Two major glitches occur, one of which renders the game unwinnable! Good times.

Oh. Well, RIP the LP I guess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

Are y'all implying that her name isn't actually Vampire Waifu?

Is that not what everyone else has been calling Mercurio?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ScreamingLlama posted:

It seems to me like RPGs aren't your speed, then. If you can't be bothered to listen to the dialogue, read the in-game books and solicit background information from NPCs or even just find other stuff to do in the open world (sometimes I eschew fast travel for long horse rides that allow me to admire the scenery) maybe you should just toss your copy of Skyrim and go play a linear FPS or simulator instead.

Or just toss Skyrim in the trash and pick up an RPG with combat that doesn't feel like it gets extremely tedious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm terrible at directions and remember none of the places in Skyrim beyond Whiterun, please post pictures of these houses.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pretty cool LP Uzworm.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, this Pretty Cool LP isn't over yet?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Section Z posted:

Whenever I get back into Skyrim with "I'll beat it THIS time!" (which I finally did), I start Vanilla and they get immediately reminded how much of what I assumed was there by default, was Sky UI just adding basic QoL stuff you don't expect to need a mod for.

Like what?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The loss of Marcushio saddens me, though I am overjoyed to see this LP resume if just for a moment.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

It won't be just for a moment, I assure you! That stupid lost episode 20 that kept me hamstrung because I couldn't figure out what the gently caress to do with it was the main reason it stopped so abruptly; now that we're in Dawnguard the updates will be flowing freely through March and beyond.

Oh whoops, I thought you were saying that you had 2 updates stored and you'd be out for about a month.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, when did you remember where Mercutio was? Last I remember the consensus was "I dunno, he's probably running around somewhere asking everyone 'Hey. Ya got any bread?'"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ScreamingLlama posted:

I still don't get it.

It would help if I could read the lovely writing.

"Nyeh doc, this hole, it was made for me!"

Six months later

"Brr Brr Brr Brr Brr Brread"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Still hoping to see a stream of you taking advantage of the stats glitch and make yourself invincible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man this combat is absolutely terrible. Harkon- or however you spell it- is such a pain in the rear end that you almost needed a lock-on button to fight him at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did the framerate suddenly take a nosedive for anyone else when Mercutio solved the door enigma?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Make the clown a follower and get him eaten by an Elder Dragon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

Ah, don't I know it. Alas, after my most recent hospitalization, I'm now on five different medications, all of which react poorly when mixed with alcohol.

The tragedy is of Shakespearean proportions.

Hospitalization? poo poo man I hope everything goes well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

I actually recorded more Skyrim! This may actually finish!

I admire your perseverance. I certainly didn't find this game for me when I tried it years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As much as I don't comment in here, I'm still glad that you're working on this.

• Locked thread