Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
There's one particular use for Sven, but it's a sacrifice worth making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

I assume White Coke was referring to Boethiah's Calling, which I absolutely would be in favor of!

Yes. Although there are plenty of other equally hate-able companions, so you could put it up to a vote.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
how many mods are there to actually put in 7000 steps?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Section Z posted:

Yeah, when it gets lovely is when the fanbase gets super overly defensive or player blaming about it.

Truly, Bethesda's fans are as buggy as their games.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

I mean, this isn't Skyrim's fault by any stretch. Now, had you said that when I was still doing Mario 3... :v:

Well it is a game from a series all about time travel and paradoxes, so who's to say Skyrim hasn't retroactively ruined your health.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
A McGuffin has no purpose to the narrative other than to cause characters to do things because of it. The Elder Scroll in this game isn't a McGuffin because it is actually used for something. If the pursuit of the Scroll was used to advance the plot without it ever being used for anything then it'd merely be a plot device.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Don't Kill Him. In fact I think you don't even have to make the decision if you complete the Civil War.

Tiggum posted:

I have played far enough into this game to get it but I don't remember what it does at all, so what does it do?

You use it so you can look back in time and learn Dragonrend.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

I don't believe it forces you to take the quest, but killing him is still an option!

Oh. Okay then. Surely there are plenty of other NPCs you can satiate your skooma withdrawal on.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gimbal lock posted:

What's the distinction here? They seem very similar.

RareAcumen posted:

Beats me. The briefcase in Pulp Fiction is an example of the former but I can't think of an example of the other one.

No distinction intended. All McGuffins are plot devices, but a plot device doesn't have to be an actual device, it can be anything that moves the story forward. Even people can be plot devices, like a family that gets killed to motivate the hero. A McGuffin is nothing but a plot device though. It'll never be used for anything in the story when, or if, it's acquired.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So was the book Iron Chitlin remembers explicit, or was orc "reproduction" just something that was mentioned?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Star Man posted:

You develop a sense of humor and write the craziest thing you can.

Yeah. You own that poo poo. And when the programmers start picking on you, you make fun of all their bugs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

rocket_man38 posted:

It would be pretty cool to put "wrote about orc fuckin" on a resume.

Executive Vice President of Orc loving

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Unknown Quantity posted:

Also, if you ever lose him, Mercurio will go back to where you originally hired him if he loses track of you for three days. Since you had to pay to hire him, though, you'll have to pay him again.

Not necessarily. You can rehire the mercenaries for free if you go to them a short enough time after they leave you. I don't know what the exact timeframe for that is though.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
They moved the missable gem in a patch so that it's in the troll cave below the Thalmor Embassy instead of inside it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

I fully accept that the reason I love the game so much is that I thrive on tedium.

I probably have 2000 hours total invested into Football Manager over the years, for god's sake.

I have around 1000 hours, give or take, in Skyrim because I just listened to podcasts and lets plays while I played instead of the game. The gameplay is so repetitive that I wouldn't miss out on anything being said because of divided concentration.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

"You can like something and still criticise it: Let's Play Skyrim!" would be a drat good thread title.

With Skyrim you have to criticize it. You'll lose your LP cred otherwise.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Skyrim though since it's the first open world RPG I played.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Windstad because Mr. Puffles needs a house infested with monsters to keep those drat kids off his swamp-lawn!

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Poil posted:

Mr Puffles, it's daft to build a house in the swamp.

I'm sure the fourth one will stay up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

Thanks to all of you for sticking through the main quest with me, lack of mods and all! (It's what Todd Howard would have wanted.)

Todd Howard wants players to use mods. It makes them forget about how terrible the base game is.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Are you using any other mods like the unofficial patches?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

It, along with about 80% of my other earthly possessions at the time, was left in Florida and never returned to me.

Was it eaten by a gator or someone on bathsalts?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

It's not that I remembered he was there. It's just the first place I looked when I realized I had to find him.

Now that he's your steward do you have to pay him if you want to bring him along again?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If this LP has a Bloodweiser sponsorship does that mean it actually takes place in the Blood Bowl universe?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

The next video contains possibly the worst thing I have ever created in my entire existence as a YouTube video maker, and I apologize for nothing.

It turns out that Mr. Puffles doesn't actually hate Morndas.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

We're running out of ways to reference Ridin'.

Like that's really going to stop you.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Poil posted:

Oh and if you go back to the Soul Cairn after killing Harkon you can tell Serana's mother that it's safe to return and she'll go hang out in her old lab. It's at this point you can marry her if you're using that mod, and why wouldn't you do that? :v:

Serana or her mother?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Draugr are basically mummies. Unless Highwang meant full on Egyptian style mummies.

Also since UZworm is playing on the PC version he can add in a copy of the dagger through the console so it doesn't matter.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Given your hatred, he must Live.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

This is what passes for family affairs in Skyrim, I guess.

You'd think proper Nords would just murder their family members through honorable combat.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

I mean, they hear just about everything that goes on in Skyrim, but gently caress if they actually do anything about it.

They tell you about it, and some of their dialogue indicates they know exactly who you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Poil posted:

Oblivion, except worse.

Skyrim in a nutshell.

• Locked thread