Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I'll need to start sending out MFL invites and collection payments (after we decide on payout structure).

Please post or pm me your email of choice. If you don't have pms and are super paranoid you can email it to me at brett.au.davis @ gmail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Forever.Peace2007 at gmail

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

PM'd you Papes, and I'm ready to rock for Wednesday night! Are we going to set up a GroupMe chat for the league, or just use this thread?

GroupMe is awesome for trading, shooting the poo poo and posting taunting gifs at people during matchups. Happy to help set one up if you like.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I think I have all the invites out, still need to find 4 more people. Feel free to invite anyone who would be an active user.

A groupme sounds like a lot of fun. I've never used it before so it would save me some time figuring it out if you are familiar with it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

I think I have all the invites out, still need to find 4 more people. Feel free to invite anyone who would be an active user.

A groupme sounds like a lot of fun. I've never used it before so it would save me some time figuring it out if you are familiar with it.

Hmm.. No invite yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Once I get into the league, I'll set up a GroupMe and send out invites to all owners currently signed up. Download the GroupMe App to your phone in the meantime, and/or check out the desktop client.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Hmm.. No invite yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Once I get into the league, I'll set up a GroupMe and send out invites to all owners currently signed up. Download the GroupMe App to your phone in the meantime, and/or check out the desktop client.

Ah crap. I filled out everyones info but there is another button you have to it to actually send out the email. It should be there now.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Papes posted:

6:30 - 7pm central time. will probably take a few hours.

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to do that. I considered trying to set values for autodrafting but I don't think that will work out very well. Sorry for wasting time if you were holding that slot but I'll have to back out of this league.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

Ah crap. I filled out everyones info but there is another button you have to it to actually send out the email. It should be there now.

Still didn't get it, so I sent you an email to make sure I gave you the correct one. Resend when you get a chance? thanks!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Got the link, all set with the league! Epi Lepi - are you available at all on Wednesday, or is that day totally out?

Papes - We can try putting out a call in our other dynasty leagues and/or reddit /r/findaleague if needed to fill the last four spots. What do you think? Don't know if you've got any other warm leads currently...

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Still didn't get it, so I sent you an email to make sure I gave you the correct one. Resend when you get a chance? thanks!
I originally had a typo in your email. It should be there now.

Cervixalot posted:

Papes - We can try putting out a call in our other dynasty leagues and/or reddit /r/findaleague if needed to fill the last four spots. What do you think? Don't know if you've got any other warm leads currently...

I was going to try Twitter and another message board, but I wouldn't call that a warm lead. I'll post in their Reddit tonight, I didn't know that existed so thank you for bringing that up.

If you know any cool people in of other dynasties invite them over :)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to do that. I considered trying to set values for autodrafting but I don't think that will work out very well. Sorry for wasting time if you were holding that slot but I'll have to back out of this league.

You didn't waste any time mate. Sorry we couldn't find a time that worked for everyone.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Cool, yeah that worked. Thanks!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Everyone has accepted except DeliciousMonster. I've pm'ed them and hopefully they accept soonish.

I posted on /findaleague, does anyone else have a backup idea to get these last few peeps?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Everyone has accepted except DeliciousMonster. I've pm'ed them and hopefully they accept soonish.

I posted on /findaleague, does anyone else have a backup idea to get these last few peeps?

Did the one guy from the main fantasy thread join? How many more do we need still?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Did the one guy from the main fantasy thread join? How many more do we need still?

No, I'll pm them though.

We need 3-5 depending on that person and if DeliciousMonster accepts in time. Most likely just 3 though.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

My buddy is in. I will pm you his email address.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Thanks, got him.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Thanks, got him.

Right on. Let me know if the /r/findaleague search pans out, otherwise I have a league or two I'm in I could check for interest.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Right on. Let me know if the /r/findaleague search pans out, otherwise I have a league or two I'm in I could check for interest.

So far I'm at 2 up votes but no replies. Hit up your leagues if you don't mind :)

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
Just joined up. Sorry about the delay, I'm bad at checking my email/PMs/everything.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

DeliciousMonster posted:

Just joined up. Sorry about the delay, I'm bad at checking my email/PMs/everything.

Thanks,

Just need 3 more.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Thanks,

Just need 3 more.

I have another guy who might be interested. He wanted to confirm that we're using LeagueSafe and that we're doing 4 point passing TDS. Correct for both?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

I have another guy who might be interested. He wanted to confirm that we're using LeagueSafe and that we're doing 4 point passing TDS. Correct for both?

Correct on both.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey guys, quick question about the draft/settings because I really want to join. Is it possible to draft from a mobile device? I may have to leave partway through the draft but could still access my phone if that's possible.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Here's the link to the GroupMe I created https://app.groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR - click to join, and I recommend setting your nickname as your Team Name to avoid confusion.

If you don't have a GroupMe account, set one up with your league email and/or phone number, and download the app to your phone. The desktop client is also pretty good, so that's an option as well.

If it's easier Papes, if you PM me everyone's email, I can send them an invite to the group that way.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Hey guys, quick question about the draft/settings because I really want to join. Is it possible to draft from a mobile device? I may have to leave partway through the draft but could still access my phone if that's possible.

I've done plenty of MFL Snake drafts from a phone, but not the auction format. We can try and set up a test this afternoon/evening if you like?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Cervixalot posted:

I've done plenty of MFL Snake drafts from a phone, but not the auction format. We can try and set up a test this afternoon/evening if you like?

That would be excellent. If the plan is to start at 6:30 CST, I should have about 3 hours before I need to leave. Hopefully that would minimize the mobile work.

Edit: Sorry for being a pain in the last hours before the draft, just got laid off and been scrambling to interviews and meetings so haven't had a chance to check this out.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 23, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I just tested it out and it seems doable. There is a bid +1 button that should be easy to hit via mobile. Nominating a player could be a pain.

Let me know when you are free tonight and we'll do a test run.

Edit: reading your post makes me think you might think the draft is tonight, it's tomorrow evening just to confirm. Apologies if I misread that.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

My other lead decided to opt out. I did another cross post to my current leagues, sent a Tweet to MFL to share out, and posted a reminder in the main fantasy thread. Think all of my avenues are exhausted at this point.

Looks like we still need 2 to go. Let's get this filled up!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

gently caress it, I am in. Sending a PM with my email.

Having never done an auction or a keeper league, you folks are in for a real treat with me joining.

Edit: Sorry if my post was confusing, I realize the draft is tomorrow evening. I meant "last hours" as in 24 hours.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 24, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

MrSargent posted:

gently caress it, I am in. Sending a PM with my email.

Having never done an auction or a keeper league, you folks are in for a real treat with me joining.

Edit: Sorry if my post was confusing, I realize the draft is tomorrow evening. I meant "last hours" as in 24 hours.

Sent

2 more left!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Team Name: The Long-Term Project

Looking forward to my first goon league!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I've got an 11th that should be joining up soon.

Is everyone able to make it if we start at 6:30 pm central time?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Welcome aboard MrSargent!

Edit: Ignore that, looks like Papes and I posted at the same time.

I can do 6:30 or 7:00 CT start time.

I have a lead via Twitter that might be interested in the 12th spot. Stay tuned!

Also, join the GroupMe so we can start chatting! https://groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 24, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

How do you guys feel about having 2 nominations going on at once during the draft? It would be a little more hectic but would cut the draft time nearly in half.

If it's a really dumb idea feel free to say so.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

How do you guys feel about having 2 nominations going on at once during the draft? It would be a little more hectic but would cut the draft time nearly in half.

If it's a really dumb idea feel free to say so.

Since there's so much going on with the format/positions, I would recommend keeping it simple with one, especially since it sounds like we have some folks newer to auction.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 24, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Twitter lead fell through due to the time of the draft... Still need one more!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Just FYI he has yet to accept the invite.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

I'll harrass him to do that, but he's definitely in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Also, did you join the GroupMe yet? Might be easier to chat through some ways to find our last league member there so I can avoid spamming the thread so much.

Here's the link: https://groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR

• Locked thread