Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I've joined too many new dynasty leagues this year, but this sounds fun. Sure why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'd say keep rosters where they are at. Especially with Superflex. 26 is a good size IMO.

Also, is this going to be a slow auction or all done in one night?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

If we have trouble finding a date that works for all, snake with trades enabled is always an option... Also, the betterfantasydraft.com site is cool.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

I figured with a draft that will take this long we would have to coordinate it once more people joined, so I intentionally did not set a date.

I think at this point we can start trying to decide a date. I'm free any day past 6pm central, and anytime on weekends this month.

I'm not familiar with a slow auction draft, how does that work? That could be an option if we can't decide on a date.

I believe slow auctions make it so each owner has to nominate one player per day, and if there are no bids on a player for 24 hours, the player is won and assigned to a team. I'm not sure how long they typically take start to finish, so we may be cutting it close to the season with that format. A live auction format may be better, but we dould do some more research.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

How are we doing on numbers? We may want to put another plug in the main ff thread as well as some other goon league threads any of us are in. I will cross-post a promo in the beer league thread if you like.

Edit: Cross-promo posted.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 12, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

21st works for me

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Alright, what about the weekend of the 3rd week of preseason (26-28)? Does anyone have an issue with the 27th?

I have another draft on the 28th, but I think I should be able to swing the 27th.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Need help recruiting any league mates? We getting close to the magic 12?

And yes, seconding a Doodle poll!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Done as well. So far looking like a night next week might work best. I'm guessing this will last more like 3-4 hours based on my past experience with auctions.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So does that make 9 of us? If so, sweet - but we need some more Doodle replies!

So far, it looks like 4 of us are good for next Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday the 2nd.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

You mean August, right? So this coming Weds?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

PM'd you Papes, and I'm ready to rock for Wednesday night! Are we going to set up a GroupMe chat for the league, or just use this thread?

GroupMe is awesome for trading, shooting the poo poo and posting taunting gifs at people during matchups. Happy to help set one up if you like.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

I think I have all the invites out, still need to find 4 more people. Feel free to invite anyone who would be an active user.

A groupme sounds like a lot of fun. I've never used it before so it would save me some time figuring it out if you are familiar with it.

Hmm.. No invite yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Once I get into the league, I'll set up a GroupMe and send out invites to all owners currently signed up. Download the GroupMe App to your phone in the meantime, and/or check out the desktop client.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Got the link, all set with the league! Epi Lepi - are you available at all on Wednesday, or is that day totally out?

Papes - We can try putting out a call in our other dynasty leagues and/or reddit /r/findaleague if needed to fill the last four spots. What do you think? Don't know if you've got any other warm leads currently...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Everyone has accepted except DeliciousMonster. I've pm'ed them and hopefully they accept soonish.

I posted on /findaleague, does anyone else have a backup idea to get these last few peeps?

Did the one guy from the main fantasy thread join? How many more do we need still?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

My buddy is in. I will pm you his email address.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Thanks, got him.

Right on. Let me know if the /r/findaleague search pans out, otherwise I have a league or two I'm in I could check for interest.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Thanks,

Just need 3 more.

I have another guy who might be interested. He wanted to confirm that we're using LeagueSafe and that we're doing 4 point passing TDS. Correct for both?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Here's the link to the GroupMe I created https://app.groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR - click to join, and I recommend setting your nickname as your Team Name to avoid confusion.

If you don't have a GroupMe account, set one up with your league email and/or phone number, and download the app to your phone. The desktop client is also pretty good, so that's an option as well.

If it's easier Papes, if you PM me everyone's email, I can send them an invite to the group that way.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Hey guys, quick question about the draft/settings because I really want to join. Is it possible to draft from a mobile device? I may have to leave partway through the draft but could still access my phone if that's possible.

I've done plenty of MFL Snake drafts from a phone, but not the auction format. We can try and set up a test this afternoon/evening if you like?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

My other lead decided to opt out. I did another cross post to my current leagues, sent a Tweet to MFL to share out, and posted a reminder in the main fantasy thread. Think all of my avenues are exhausted at this point.

Looks like we still need 2 to go. Let's get this filled up!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Welcome aboard MrSargent!

Edit: Ignore that, looks like Papes and I posted at the same time.

I can do 6:30 or 7:00 CT start time.

I have a lead via Twitter that might be interested in the 12th spot. Stay tuned!

Also, join the GroupMe so we can start chatting! https://groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 24, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

How do you guys feel about having 2 nominations going on at once during the draft? It would be a little more hectic but would cut the draft time nearly in half.

If it's a really dumb idea feel free to say so.

Since there's so much going on with the format/positions, I would recommend keeping it simple with one, especially since it sounds like we have some folks newer to auction.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 24, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Twitter lead fell through due to the time of the draft... Still need one more!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Just FYI he has yet to accept the invite.

I'll harrass him to do that, but he's definitely in.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Just FYI he has yet to accept the invite.

Also, did you join the GroupMe yet? Might be easier to chat through some ways to find our last league member there so I can avoid spamming the thread so much.

Here's the link: https://groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hey Papes - Weren't waivers supposed to process last night? Calendar shows it as Saturday now.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

We've been chatting about this a bit in GroupMe, but we need to figure out/set up the following things before Thursday:

-Determine tiebreaker for playoffs - 3 conference winners, 3 overall top records?
-Establish Trade deadline (if we have one, we don't necessarily have to for dynasty)
-Decide on how 2017 draft pick order will be determined (are the top 6 picks determined by worst regular season record or worst regular season PF?, are bottom 6 picks determined by reverse final playoff standing)?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MFL just got an update to be responsive/much better on mobile devices!

Good excuse to throw out some trade offers... Just sayin!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Here is my understanding of how the rookie picks for 2017 played out:

1.01 - Return of the Dak
1.02 - Britches and Hoes
1.03 - SPARQ Week
1.04 - The Almighty K-Gregorians
1.05 - Bubba's Dynasty
1.06 - The Long Term Project
1.07 - Witten-Ness Protection
1.08 - Papes
1.09 - SuperCam: A Quest for TDs
1.10 - Tajae Mahal
1.11 - A Team Organized Towards a Goal
1.12 - Ground Control

Based on the GroupMe converstions we had at the end of the season, here is what I think we decided:

Top 6 picks determined by inverse order of regular season standing of non-playoff teams

Screenshot Tajae took of the final regular season standings: https://i.groupme.com/720x1280.png.a68cd402278b4d2c85c2701d0b6f4baa.large

Bottom 6 picks determined by inverse order of playoff finish: http://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=64289&O=79

Does that look right to everyone? Rounds 2-4 would have the same draft order as Round 1.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Just saw the Alshon news - forgot I had that Kevin White trade out there! Still feeling good about the move, as I need to divest from some of my riskier assets with the Whites/Docstons/Colemans of the world, and I'm really high on Tyrell Williams.

Good trade, Forever_Peace.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

So far I'm OK with this free agency season. Woods on the Rams is probably gonna be roughly the same as he was in Buffalo unless he really feels good back in the Colisseum. Jackson on the Buccs is gonna be awesome because Evans is gonna draw the best coverage and Jameis is capable of letting it rip on a regular basis. Also, if he's healthy, Lewis might get more catches without JThomas around. Plus if the Bears really try to make Patterson a thing that will be another.

Also, I just did this for fun:

Lmao, incredible.

If any QB-needy teams are looking to add a starter, I'm willing to part with Mike GOAT-lennon at a reasonable price. Hit me up!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So I have 4, possibly 5 starting QBs on my roster depending in what happens in Houston. Get at me is you're looking to improve the position, I'm open to trading any of them - but Wilson/Carr/Winston would take a premium to move.

Are we moving the site over to the MFL 2017 league season soon?

What's the plan/timing for doing waiver bids on FAs, and/or the rookie draft?

With the NFL draft coming up and rookie hype at its peak, it is prime dynasty season fellas.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Don't forget - SHAME!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Looks like the draft picks are not quite right in MFL yet - did we finalize the details there? I have a trade deal in the works and want to make sure I'm working with the right pieces :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

poo poo, I thought I did that already. There's a google doc in our groupme if you want to look before I get home tonight.

Yeah, I saw that but the actual draft picks aren't allocated right in MFL - I think you need to go in and reorder them in the commissioner settings to match the spreadsheet.

• Locked thread