Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Rather than doing a traditional dyasty league, I wanted to spin one up that plays differently than other leagues I am in. Inspired largely by the Scott Fish Bowl, I came up with this 12 man SuperFlex monstronsity. Auction draft, blind bidding waivers, no defense/kickers, large starting lineups with lots of flex spots, whats not to like?

Feel free to ask for clarification on anything that may not have been covered well.

League Page:
http://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/64289

Draft:
The startup draft will be an action draft. Each team will get $400 to bid on and purchase the players they want. Rookie drafts from future seasons will be a traditional draft where the order is determined by record (worst to first).

Waivers:
Blind bidding system period each week. After that period players are considered free agents and can be free picked up in a first come first serve manner.

Scoring System:
Full ppr for RB/WR
1.5 ppr for TE
.2 points per carry
everything else is pretty standard.

Roster Size:
26 Roster spots w/ 3 IR spots to help with those pesky injuries. Each year we have a 4 round rookie draft, after which teams will have to cut down to 26 players again.

Starting Lineups:
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Superflex
3 RB/WR/TE Flex

that means everyone is starting 11 players.

Playoffs:
3 division winners by record
WC determined by most points scored by a non division winning team.

Prizes:
I'm thinking ~$30 entry fee which after fees gives us about $310. Once the league fills we can decide how we want to distribute that amongst the top finishers.

Players:
1. papes
2. Cervixalot
3. Metapod
4. papes irl friend #1
5. papes irl friend #2
6. DeliciousMonster
7. Forever_Peace
8. Yoshifan823
9. Cervixalot's friend
10. Mr Sargent
11. Papes irl friend #3

Papes fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

I've joined too many new dynasty leagues this year, but this sounds fun. Sure why not.

That's what I want to hear mate!

Another goon pmed me and 2 people I know might be interested. I'll update the OP later today.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I've done some recruiting and updated the OP. I'll do some more recruiting and try to have this bad boy filled up by next weekend.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I've actually been giving it some thought and I think we might need to drop the roster spots to 24.
Each team could realistically only have 3-4 qbs and with 22 other spots to hammer the other 3 spots there would be pretty slim pickings for waivers. I feel like every team would try to bid their entire budget on the 3-4 Tim Hightowers that come from nowhere every year.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

DeliciousMonster posted:

I'm in and excited for an opportunity for my mistakes to haunt me for multiple seasons

Good luck!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Pretty sure I have to throw my hat into any spreadsheet-themed leagues.

When's the draft?

I figured with a draft that will take this long we would have to coordinate it once more people joined, so I intentionally did not set a date.

I think at this point we can start trying to decide a date. I'm free any day past 6pm central, and anytime on weekends this month.

I'm not familiar with a slow auction draft, how does that work? That could be an option if we can't decide on a date.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

I've been really really wanting to do a dynasty league so I'm considering this but I've never done an auction draft. How do they work and when will this one be? Draft date will probably be deciding factor of if I can join.

An action draft involves taking turns nominating a player. Once a player is nominated then we bid on them until the high bidder wins. This continued until teams fill out their roster or go broke.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

We have 7 with possibly 8 depending on epi lepi.

How does the 21st work for everyone?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

19th-21st and all Tuesday nights are the only non-work hours that don't work for me.

Alright, what about the weekend of the 3rd week of preseason (26-28)? Does anyone have an issue with the 27th?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

http://doodle.com/poll/ivbfdd6tf3eft5f4

Please select all times when you would be able to draft. The draft will probably take 2-3 hours to complete but plan for 3-4 to be on the safe side.

Cervixalot posted:

Need help recruiting any league mates? We getting close to the magic 12?

And yes, seconding a Doodle poll!

I think once we set a time all we will have to do is post in the main thread to get the other 4-5 people. If you know someone who would be interested though, by all means invite them. I only ask that they will remain active during the year.

Papes fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 16, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

This sounds like the overly complicated, spreadsheet-based league of my dreams. I'd love to join.

Awesome, would you mind filling out the poll posted earlier?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'm going to set the draft date today and get the league filled. Will update later today.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Ive talked to the people who didn't do the doodle poll and the draft date where the most players can make it is:

Wednesday, August 24th

Sorry Epi Lepi, I was trying to push for 9/2 but 2 guys who already paid up cannot do that time. If there is a way you could work it into the schedule or even set default values and let the cpu draft for you, we'd like to have you. If not I understand.

Papes fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 20, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

You mean August, right? So this coming Weds?

Whoops...yeah. Was looking at labor day weekend stuff and had september on the mind.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

What time?

6:30 - 7pm central time. will probably take a few hours.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'll need to start sending out MFL invites and collection payments (after we decide on payout structure).

Please post or pm me your email of choice. If you don't have pms and are super paranoid you can email it to me at brett.au.davis @ gmail.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I think I have all the invites out, still need to find 4 more people. Feel free to invite anyone who would be an active user.

A groupme sounds like a lot of fun. I've never used it before so it would save me some time figuring it out if you are familiar with it.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Hmm.. No invite yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Once I get into the league, I'll set up a GroupMe and send out invites to all owners currently signed up. Download the GroupMe App to your phone in the meantime, and/or check out the desktop client.

Ah crap. I filled out everyones info but there is another button you have to it to actually send out the email. It should be there now.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Still didn't get it, so I sent you an email to make sure I gave you the correct one. Resend when you get a chance? thanks!
I originally had a typo in your email. It should be there now.

Cervixalot posted:

Papes - We can try putting out a call in our other dynasty leagues and/or reddit /r/findaleague if needed to fill the last four spots. What do you think? Don't know if you've got any other warm leads currently...

I was going to try Twitter and another message board, but I wouldn't call that a warm lead. I'll post in their Reddit tonight, I didn't know that existed so thank you for bringing that up.

If you know any cool people in of other dynasties invite them over :)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to do that. I considered trying to set values for autodrafting but I don't think that will work out very well. Sorry for wasting time if you were holding that slot but I'll have to back out of this league.

You didn't waste any time mate. Sorry we couldn't find a time that worked for everyone.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Everyone has accepted except DeliciousMonster. I've pm'ed them and hopefully they accept soonish.

I posted on /findaleague, does anyone else have a backup idea to get these last few peeps?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Did the one guy from the main fantasy thread join? How many more do we need still?

No, I'll pm them though.

We need 3-5 depending on that person and if DeliciousMonster accepts in time. Most likely just 3 though.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

My buddy is in. I will pm you his email address.

Thanks, got him.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Right on. Let me know if the /r/findaleague search pans out, otherwise I have a league or two I'm in I could check for interest.

So far I'm at 2 up votes but no replies. Hit up your leagues if you don't mind :)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

DeliciousMonster posted:

Just joined up. Sorry about the delay, I'm bad at checking my email/PMs/everything.

Thanks,

Just need 3 more.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

I have another guy who might be interested. He wanted to confirm that we're using LeagueSafe and that we're doing 4 point passing TDS. Correct for both?

Correct on both.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I just tested it out and it seems doable. There is a bid +1 button that should be easy to hit via mobile. Nominating a player could be a pain.

Let me know when you are free tonight and we'll do a test run.

Edit: reading your post makes me think you might think the draft is tonight, it's tomorrow evening just to confirm. Apologies if I misread that.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

MrSargent posted:

gently caress it, I am in. Sending a PM with my email.

Having never done an auction or a keeper league, you folks are in for a real treat with me joining.

Edit: Sorry if my post was confusing, I realize the draft is tomorrow evening. I meant "last hours" as in 24 hours.

Sent

2 more left!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I've got an 11th that should be joining up soon.

Is everyone able to make it if we start at 6:30 pm central time?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

How do you guys feel about having 2 nominations going on at once during the draft? It would be a little more hectic but would cut the draft time nearly in half.

If it's a really dumb idea feel free to say so.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

My buddy is in. I will pm you his email address.

Just FYI he has yet to accept the invite.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Also, did you join the GroupMe yet? Might be easier to chat through some ways to find our last league member there so I can avoid spamming the thread so much.

Here's the link: https://groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR

I'll join on my lunch.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

That can't be right, surely there is a way where I can have the 1st pick :)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Kevin white is bad and you should feel bad.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'll set up everything for next season some time around the draft.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Look at this scrub who doesn't watch hours of tape and run hundreds of machine learning algorithms to set their board.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Please shame me if I don't set up the new league by the end of this week (sunday)

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Don't forget - SHAME!

The league is up but I need to import everything

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

new league url is up: http://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/64289

rosters and settings are imported. I just need to figure out draft order and I'll make a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Looks like the draft picks are not quite right in MFL yet - did we finalize the details there? I have a trade deal in the works and want to make sure I'm working with the right pieces :hehe:

poo poo, I thought I did that already. There's a google doc in our groupme if you want to look before I get home tonight.

• Locked thread