Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

hello everyone, it is your friend Business Gorillas and i am here to talk to you about wizards. now you may be asking yourself a lot of wizard-centric questions recently so let's talk about wizards and how they impact our every day lives

:shrug:what is a wizard?:shrug:
a wizard is a person who can use magic. magic can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, much like the wizards themselves. most people believe that the original wizards came from another planet in some sort of battlefield galactic scenario where they came to a prehistoric earth and settled down. i guess somewhere along the way they decided to gently caress our subhuban ancestors and they made us. i always thought it was really weird at the end of that show with how they landed on the planet and someone from the enlightened space society decided to stick their donger in a caveman. like, what was the point of that? i'm sure the super futuristic space society had invented condoms or at least learned to pull out. do you think the half battlestar galactic/half caveman kids were accepted by the battlestar society? i imagine that would be pretty messed up, to be a half caveman half battlestar galactic baby. like, the first generation at least. i imagine that there was some sort of moratorium on doing sex to the cavemen but once one dude did it and the kid was fine i figure everyone just shrugged and got to it.

anyways, some people are wizards and some people aren't. that's what i'm trying to get at here

there are four main types of wizards:
- sorceror
- shapeshifter
- genies
- trickster

each of these different types of wizards work in a different type of magic and we'll start talking about them and other subsets of the main categories as we learn more about wizards (and ourselves) itt

let's spend some time talking about wizards and how they affect us every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ok

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im a druid, reporting in

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

looks like we have our own bad posting wizard grace us for our first post. hello and welcome!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i read every word!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i liked the part about the galactic thing

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

im a druid, reporting in

druids are a subset of shapeshifters and we will be covering them shortly. what is your animal spirit feeling right now?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im a bard can I still chill it's considered music

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Haha whoops I meant it's considered magic it is absolutely music though as well

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

druids are a subset of shapeshifters and we will be covering them shortly. what is your animal spirit feeling right now?

like taking a big ol poo poo

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I would love to be a modern-day wizard, without all the racist connotations that come along with the title.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i hope you're a necromancer, op, because your thread is already dead.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm attempting to conjure a good post

*mystical incantations*

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
was aliester crowley a real wizard or just some grabass that liked scaring white middle class americans with ornately produced books about demons and satanic worship

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

satanic splash-back posted:

i hope you're a necromancer, op, because your thread is already dead.

:stonk:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

this brings us to our first type of wizard we will be talking about :

:science:SORCERERS:science:

sorcerers are your stereotypical wizard. they have command over the elements and spend lots of their time reading books. because of this, sorcerers have terrible social skills. back before the liberals invented vaccines which caused "autism", lots of these people were thought to be sorcerers instead. sorcerers are terrible with women and are actually very sexually frustrated. they live alone in giant towers and get into trouble because they channel their sex angst into things like blowing up villages and summoning elementals.

pictured: a sorcerer consults the All-Seeing Eye of Jarakth to find out where the clitoris is

because we're on gbs, some of you idiots might think that because you're bad with girls means that you might become a sorcerer one day. sorry, idiot. it doesn't work like that. just because you haven't touched a boob in a while doesn't mean that you'll gain magical powers. sorcerers are born that way and they are not a lifestyle choice.

while some sorcerers like to hide in towers. others can congregate anywhere, especially in between your walls and under your floorboards. while a single sorcerer might not harm your home too much, it may secrete pheremones to attract other sorcerers and soon enough, you can have a whole sorcerer colony underneath your floorboards! sorcerers cause billions of dollars in damages to homes across the US every year, so please be careful!

next up we will talk about shapeshifters. how exciting!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The West Coast Greater Witches Coven wants to know where that wizard blood is you promised. You know we have ley lines to deal with over here. Yeesh. Wizards... get a clue.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wizard magazine was not actually for the Wizard demographic amongst us. Talk about false advertising.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im also a pinball wizard btw

Lemon
May 22, 2003

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

really need an answer about the bard

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
im an illusionist and have no access to fireball or lightning bolt plus I'm a gnome so I'm really small and slow and

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Magic seems like a good idea until you are enslaved by someone who is better at magic

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I've been playing a lot of Witcher lately and I'm of the opinion that wizards drool, sorceresses are where it's at

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
Parallax Scroll is no druid. A Wizard of the Coast at best.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

deal wiz it

also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfnIBnz2_zw

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
the circle of eight

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
tensor never died

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
rary isn't a traitor

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

redm posted:

was aliester crowley a real wizard or just some grabass that liked scaring white middle class americans with ornately produced books about demons and satanic worship

L. Ron Hubbard didn't give two shits as long as the suitcases of money kept rolling in.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Business Gorillas posted:

there are four main types of wizards:
- sorceror
- shapeshifter
- genies
- trickster

"Trickster" being code for "wizards with dark complexions"? loving bigot. I watched Chapelle's show, I know what's up.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT WARLOCKS

SOMEONE HELP ME

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
it's magick with a K get it right noobs

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Tom Gorman posted:

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT WARLOCKS

SOMEONE HELP ME

They were pretty tough in the original Dragon Warrior, that's all I know.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Do necromancers really just wanna bone dead chicks

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

What about Zondaar, warp mage elite, master of Time and Space!

Do time and space count as elements?

This is v. Important, asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Lemon posted:

Do necromancers really just wanna bone dead chicks

"Extremely" - (Teal'c voice)

• Locked thread