Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hitchcock film?
The Lodger
The 39 Steps
The Lady Vanishes
Shadow of a Doubt
Spellbound
Notorious
Rope
Strangers on a Train
I Confess
Rear Window
Dial M for Murder
To Catch a Thief
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934 or 1956)
The Trouble with Harry
The Wrong Man
Vertigo
North by Northwest
Psycho
The Birds
Marnie
Torn Curtain
Topaz
Frenzy
Family Plot
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The Saboteur was mostly boring but holy poo poo that scene on the bus had me like "uh uh, no way is he going to do it" and I laughed my rear end off. Also kinda funny because that movie featured a Disney short in it (for reasons unknown to me) and years later Disney would refuse to have anything to do with Hitchcock because Psycho disgusted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Egbert Souse posted:

That's Sabotage. Saboteur is one of his early American films that's kind of meh. It has this bizarre second act on a circus train, but a great ending chase in NYC and the Statue of Liberty.

Sabotage still packs a punch. It doesn't have any levity, so it's a real shock when it happens.

The Disney thing sounds apocryphal. I can't find any direct quotes from Disney.

The Disneyland murder was going to be part of an unproduced film where James Stewart receives the eyes of a dead man. It wasn't even in production or had a finished script.

(The ironic thing is that Disney owns the four films Hitchcock directed for David O. Selznick)
My mistake. I just remember it being based off a Conrad novel that I never read. The premise was pretty good, but the film itself was a bit slow. Then again, it was one of his earlier ones. And the Disney thing may well be apocryphal -- I'm a sucker for reading attributed quotes on IMDb.

• Locked thread