Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hitchcock film?
The Lodger
The 39 Steps
The Lady Vanishes
Shadow of a Doubt
Spellbound
Notorious
Rope
Strangers on a Train
I Confess
Rear Window
Dial M for Murder
To Catch a Thief
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934 or 1956)
The Trouble with Harry
The Wrong Man
Vertigo
North by Northwest
Psycho
The Birds
Marnie
Torn Curtain
Topaz
Frenzy
Family Plot
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

8 track betamax posted:

I used to read some kid novels back when I was a kid and they were about kid detectives and they knew alphred Hitchcock he was an old man in their neighborhood who would help them with cases I think? I think they were published by Hitchcock company or maybe written by him. Who knowsm..lost to the sands of time

The stories are still continued as audiobooks called "3 Fragezeichen" in Germany. After 182 episodes (plus several spin offs and several episodes under a different title when they lost the right to use the name), ,they still have a cult following after being around for nearly fourty years (including my wife). I don't get the appeal, but there you go.

From the wikipedia page about the Three Investigators in Germany:

quote:

Germany

The Three Investigators books have always been very popular in Germany. They are known there as Die drei ??? (Die drei Fragezeichen, meaning "The Three Question Marks"). Jupiter Jones was renamed as "Justus Jonas", a German adaption of his original name, while Pete Crenshaw is named "Peter Shaw". Bob Andrews retained his original name. The chauffeur's name is Morton.

While the American authors' novels in the series have been published there, German writers have added more, contributing about six new novels per year, with the count being 179 books during 2014. Taped radio dramas (Hörspiele) of the novels have been especially popular in Germany with most of them having been certified Gold or Platinum by the German Federal Association of Music Industry. In total, the radio dramas have sold more than 45 million copies and the books about 16 million copies in Germany (2013).[1] A study conducted in 2009 by the series' publisher Europa suggests that nowadays, most fans are between 20 and 45 years of age.[2]

The radio actors, who have been narrating the plays since 1979, toured the country multiple times to perform plays in front of a live-audience. They broke their own Guinness World Record when performing Phonophobia – Symphony of Fear in front of 20,000 people at Berlin Waldbühne during 2014.[3]

In the booklet of the German audio play The Mystery of the Invisible Dog, the episode upon which it was based is credited erroneously to Nick West. Moreover, in Germany there are different revised editions of The Mystery of the Scar-faced Beggar: one using Alfred Hitchcock as their patron, one using Alfred Hitchcock and Hector Sebastian, and another one using only Hector Sebastian (in Germany renamed as "Albert Hitfield").

New English-language Three Investigators titles were released during 2005 for the first time since 1990. The German 'American-English' series included the release of Poisoned E-Mail and The Curse of the Cell Phone. As of May 2008, a total of seven German stories had been translated and published in this format, and an eighth title was planned for publication during October 2008.[citation needed]

According to my wife, in the newer episodes, Hitchcock doesn't show up anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread