Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Bruceski posted:

When they drop from the ladder the gate says Saint Francis -- 1016. Didn't pull up anyplace obvious with that address, but there was a St Francis Boys Home in England that was home to horrific child abuse.

I think it's supposed to be either 1616 or 1816, i.e. the year the orphanage was founded.

However, the city may be New Haven, CT, since it has an orphanage called St. Francis, a river, and the skyline looks kinda similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sustentacular
Aug 27, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

I love that this game just lets Nolan North and Troy Baker pal around.

Well here have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhZa2NFNyws. Nolan North is given a list of quotes to read in his Nathan Drake voice while Troy Baker is tasked with guessing whether each line was said by Nathan Drake or Drake the rapper. They really do seem to have a lot of fun together.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hostile V posted:

The city with the orphanage might be Philadelphia. Colonial structures, political buildings, skyline and the Schuylkill River.

I can't wait till we get to the playground part and can shoot some B-ball outside of the school.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RareAcumen posted:

I can't wait till we get to the playground part and can shoot some B-ball outside of the school.

Then this lunk of a guy who didn't like me no more, took away my book and called my mom a whore. I got in one little fight and the nun got pissed and said "we're throwin' you back on the streets and you're not gonna be missed."

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can't say I have any idea what city that is, but it can't be the US, because orphanages haven't been a thing here for a long while. It made more sense back when he was growing up on the streets of Argentina, because that's a thing in South America.

Is this really going to be the last Uncharted game? That seems like a bit of a shame.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Not Boston because it's a river? The Charles, y'all! It separates Boston and Cambridge!

Doesn't seem like Boston to me but I couldn't let that one stand.

And then Ironicus got it. that's what I get for letting my civic pride get in the way of my video watching. My bad! I'm leaving the original as a testament to my shame.

dismas fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 8, 2016

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Maybe it's Chicago? Neither LPer has really demonstrated a knowledge of that place.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I know I corrected myself. Either it happened after the video was over, or I've been thrown under the bus by underhanded audio editing.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I decided to get the new Doom instead of this game, so I'll get to see this game blind. It'll be like looking into an alternate reality of buying a different videogame instead of something more significant changing.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

It's nice to see a knockoff version of Set - fun game, doesn't get enough notice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

biosterous posted:

It's nice to see a knockoff version of Set - fun game, doesn't get enough notice.

Fun (to me) fact, the folks who invented that game were neighbors of my hometown rabbi.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Last post on the previous page and everyone should see this

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Where did Nathan's heretofore unheard of brother come from? Upriver?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

White Coke posted:

Where did Nathan's heretofore unheard of brother come from? Upriver?

Makes about as much sense as anything we've seen so far.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sustentacular posted:

Well here have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhZa2NFNyws. Nolan North is given a list of quotes to read in his Nathan Drake voice while Troy Baker is tasked with guessing whether each line was said by Nathan Drake or Drake the rapper. They really do seem to have a lot of fun together.
The interview between the two is also great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu30xUy2ex0
Basically Troy and Nathan are the greatest :allears:

There are some cutscenes in there but nothing that wasn't in the commercials for the game

I love the reference to Last Crusade with the cut from smiling young Drake to getting punched in the face adult Drake

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 8, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Then this lunk of a guy who didn't like me no more, took away my book and called my mom a whore. I got in one little fight and the nun got pissed and said "we're throwin' you back on the streets and you're not gonna be missed."

Being serious, this game has some awesome dunks.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Too bad 90's Skateboard Drake wasn't a thing they could put in this game.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Really excited to see you guys do this LP. I loved UC4 and this is coming from a guy that started but never quite finished any of the previous ones.

nuh-uh no way
Mar 27, 2010
This is the first Uncharted game that I haven't played before a LP. I always looked forward to Chip showing off how much better he is than me. Now I'll just have to see how I do once I pick up a PS4.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
yessssssss

I loved UC4 after only playing the first game in the series and then watching the LPs.

The gunplay in UC4 is great and challenging especially on hard difficulty and it is just such an amazing looking game. It's honestly a really good game.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Love that shot of the moon. It's almost the right size!

I also love that you're still offering video downloads, since I feel the YouTube encodes don't do this game justice.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

biosterous posted:

I can never play this game because my friend who owns it is way too good at it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rumda posted:

I can never play this game because my friend who owns it is way too good at it.

We played it all the time in college and some people got VERY competitive. One would grab for sets claws-out, and spent all her free time studying it to get faster.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Boston has a river. A pretty drat good one too! :colbert:

But this doesn't take place in Boston though, the skyline doesn't match.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

I know I corrected myself. Either it happened after the video was over, or I've been thrown under the bus by underhanded audio editing.

It was in the video, I heard it!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Aw hell yiss I finally noticed one of these before it was months in.

I kinda sorta ruined this game by attempting the highest difficulty. It's not very well balanced, it turns out. Fortunately, every playstyle other than the mindless trophy-grabbing one (believe me, there are some head-scratchers (and some good ones, don't worry)) results in the game being hella fun.

Honestly, if Uncharted scrapped difficulty modes and weird trophies and embraced adaptive challenge like Crash Bandicoot did it could've been even better than it is.

Why can't I just unilaterally praise video games

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really loved Uncharted 4 so I'm all in on this LP. I'm about ready to strap in and listen to Chip and Ironicus gush about a great game. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Being the nit picky poo poo I am, my favourite thing is "this game is full of details" as we pan past Child Nate's world map with the "Russian Federation" on it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Being the nit picky poo poo I am, my favourite thing is "this game is full of details" as we pan past Child Nate's world map with the "Russian Federation" on it.

Also 2000's era board game parodies.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This game was really fun! It's my favourite in the Uncharted series. I've got a couple of issues with how it presents some things, but the strength of the game kind of outweighs a lot of that. I normally miss the start of these threads, so I'm looking forward to being joining in on the ride.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's
Oh hells yes, i've been looking forward to seeing this

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
They brought back Merle Dandridge from The Last of Us and let her voice a nun who hides her cigarettes from the priest.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I thought smoking wasn't a sin, though?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is that a picture of Dragon Ball's Cell?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

No?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

well okay then

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I thought that Drake as a kid was dumped in South America.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

double nine posted:

it's electabuzz actually

you can tell cause the triforce

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

double nine posted:

Looks like the title screen of Cheetahmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Son, please"
"Please, son, draw something that isnt a licensed character"

"Come on daddy needs to put this in his game"

"Yes, that is a cute rendition of peppa pig bu-"
"Sorry, of course its roadhog."

"Oh this looks ni-"

"...oh my god it's Crash."