Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is Naughty Dog's final Uncharted game, and the first for the PS4. If you don't know about Uncharted, it's about Nathan Fillion stealing treasure, blowing up roughly 700 to 1,000 men, and then destroying an ancient civilization. He also has an immortal grease grandpa that is kept together by tape and glue. It might be my favorite Uncharted game, just beating out Uncharted 2, but I'm still not sure yet! The directors of this game last did The Last of Us, and there's a very noticeable influence from that game's design on this one, especially narratively. It's still actiony and goofy, but you're gonna see a lot more character moments than before. Also boxes. I should mention that this game is extra rewarding if you've seen/played the previous 3 games, but they're not required to enjoy this one.

THREAD RULES
Just don't spoil the game! It's very story focused and has a lot of really cool moments and set pieces that I'd like to remain unspoiled, both for the audience and for Ironicus. Thank you!!!

OUR PREVIOUS UNCHARTED LPs
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

VIDEOS
Episode 1: The Game of Strife.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 2: Pyrate Falsehoods.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 3: DeviousDrake69.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 4: Alcázar.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 5: Sully.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 6: Dude-Seeking Punch Missile.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 7: Monk House.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 8: Porch Light.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 9: Punchin' and Lunchin'.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 10: The Dragon.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 11: Point and Shoot.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 12: The Two Cathedrals.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 13: Spicy Bread.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 14: Say Cheese!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 15: Tight Graphics.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 16: Save the Rec Center!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 17: Peep Pipe.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 18: Skin Care.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 19: Big rear end Map.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 20: CM.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 21: Sluice Gate.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 22: RSVP.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 23: Macho Nacho.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 24: JAWS.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 25: A Thief's End.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

CHIPDO IRONICAST
Chipod Ironicast #19: Platinum.....Libsyn.....Download

STREAMS
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Stream
The Adventures of Aiden Pearce and Adam Jensen

GEXTRA LIFE 2016
The Gextra Life Pre-Stream
Gextra Life 2016 Playlist

OTHER VIDEOS
A Look at the Nier: Automata Demo

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

JordanKai posted:

My face right now:

So Chip, what's your plan of attack regarding the season pass? My guess is that most/any of the story DLC won't be out yet by the time this LP is over. Are you going to tackle those separately or are you going to leave them be?

The story DLC will most likely end up being a separate LP. From interviews it sounds like they are still really early on in the development of it.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

There are a decent amount of short cutscenes that play when getting caught in a bunch of situations in this game. I'll be compiling those in a video with some other optional stuff that can happen when you screw up in this game at a later point. If you get caught in the orphanage, the nun grabs Nate by the ear and pulls him back to his room. It still treats it like a normal game over though, so there's no backtracking through your room again. :v:

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I would listen to books on tape if they were read by Vargas. This episode also features the beginnings of Nate's wrestling career.

Episode 2: Pyrate Falsehoods.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

sout posted:

The most important question is can you replay the singleplayer as alternate character skins? All I heard was that there is no longer a Donut Drake outfit, but I dunno if that means in singleplayer in addition to multiplayer.
I'm pretty sure 3 doesn't have that feature.

Yes, there are alternate skins to unlock for single player, and they stay in the cutscenes this time around since they're all real time! If you've got the Uncharted collection on PS4, they actually added the ability to use skins in UC3.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Oh what the!! Me too!!

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Clearly we need a new update to bring us back on track. Pretty please?

Workin' on it! Hoping to get it up tonight, but it's a longer episode and I'm behind a little because I've been super swamped with like a million things all at once the past week or so.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this episode is precious.

Episode 3: DeviousDrake69.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Goddamn, Nolan North and Emily Rose are just earning their goddamn pay in this game. North gets made fun of a lot because of how ubiquitous and typecast he's gotten, but the guy's legitimately a goddamn fantastic VA.

I should mention that in previous games, the actors did the VO and body motion capture for the cutscenes. This is the first Uncharted game where they're actually mocapping the actor's faces as well, and it really shows. Pretty much everybody in this game is an awesome actor, but Emily Rose especially knocks it out of the park in later parts of the game. There's some specific facial animation stuff later on in the game that's just fuckin' mind blowing to me. Like, there are times where you see people swallow nervously after finishing talking in this game and it just looks completely real.

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 19, 2016

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Since Naughty Dog exists in the Uncharted universe because of Crash Bandicoot, what did they develop in Uncharted's place??

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

A little late with the update, but let's see what Drake's up to in his wonderful, very legal life.

Episode 4: Alcázar.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

We made over $27,000 for Hurley Children's Hospital, wow!! If you missed our stream, I'm going to be putting them up on our YouTube channel in the next day or so. Uncharted 4 will be back with two new episodes this Wednesday!

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

The last few streams are now up! I highly recommend seeing the adventures that Aiden Pearce and Adam Jensen had together. We've also got the test stream from the night before Gextra Life up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6XmpfN3s4
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVHUva4eYDU
The Adventures of Aiden Pearce and Adam Jensen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZriuUX8k9U
The Gextra Life Pre-Stream

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Let's get back on track with two new episodes!!!! My favorite new combat move debuts in episode 6.

Episode 5: Sully.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Episode 6: Dude-Seeking Punch Missile.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I don't have time to update the website, but we've got a playlist up with all 24 hours of Gextra Life! Please watch it and find out where Jane Fonda is for me, we couldn't find her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgfFdwIFjyA
Gextra Life 2016 Playlist

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

xinder posted:

I finished rewatching all of the Uncharted 3 LP and now I'm here to yell at Chip for being a drat dirty liar. We never got those Uncharted 3 mp videos.

I have no idea what you're talking abou-LOOK AN UPDATE WOW!!!!!

Episode 7: Monk House.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Some of those fades were simply because I had some better takes from other sessions, and this chapter has very few friendly editing points. I hate using those fades but eventually I just had to go with it because I was wasting so much time trying to get one clean take. The main issue was that it was really easy for me to flub doing whatever thing I wanted to do in each combat section. There's something about the design of them that just led me to accidentally doing something that looked clumsy, and I will not have that!!

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Let's learn about how frogs are secretly turtles. Also our next podcast is live! This time we're talking about Platinum Games, maps, and doing LPs of sequels!

Episode 8: Porch Light.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash
Chipod Ironicast #19: Platinum.....Libsyn.....Download

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 30, 2016

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Apologies for the hiatus! My schedule got really busy and I also ended up running out of backlog for the LP. Let's get back to it! There's a decent amount of crate pushing in this episode, but it's balanced out by a lot of skeletons and flying kicks.

Episode 9: Punchin' and Lunchin'.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, failing the trial at the end is meant to just open up the floor to drop you into the spike pit. It just fell apart because it's super old.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Have you ever wanted to feel like a powerful person who knows how to drive stick without doing any of the work? Well do I have the video game for you!

Episode 10: The Dragon.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

And speaking of that, Waypoint put out an article called "Why It's So Hard to Make a Video Game" that has a pretty neat video from Naughty Dog showing the different stages of the jeep's development.

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 28, 2016

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I wish this game let you roll around on your stomach like MGS4 and V. I want to see just how muddy I can get Drake.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I'm so happy we finally get to meet the unique African baobab tree.

Episode 11: Point and Shoot.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I'll be grabbing those other cairn clips for a later video since I missed them this time around.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Please do not drink the remains of Sully.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Nate and friends go through a lot to make sure they get their safety deposit back on this jeep.

Episode 12: The Two Cathedrals.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

The election is happening! I hate it! Let's take a break to look at the most advanced apple eating tech ever developed for a video game instead.

Episode 13: Spicy Bread.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I wonder if Drake keeps a list somewhere that documents all the things he has or has not hit with a speeding car.

Episode 14: Say Cheese!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

When I mentioned earlier in the thread that Emily Rose's acting in this game is really drat good, this is one of the cutscenes I was talking about. That type of drama could have been so hokey but they manage to do it in a subtle enough way that you're not rolling your eyes so hard they fall out of your head.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sam's all about looking at the graphics in this level. In the words of Tony Yayo...

Episode 15: Tight Graphics.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I'm going to Disney World in a week, so I really hope I can get enough updates recorded in time to fill the gap while I'm gone! Let's watch Drake save the rec center with his yo-yo skills.

Episode 16: Save the Rec Center!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I don't remember having Drake fruitlessly trying to climb a mountain that's 90% surfaces just slightly too steep for him to climb. :v:

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Shoren posted:

So Chip, you are going to go back and collect the strange relic that you passed up before jumping down into the cistern, right?

I knew I forgot about something!!!

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Hey everybody, just a little heads up. I'm gonna be leaving for Disney World tomorrow, so there aren't going to be any updates until the 12th or 13th at the earliest. I hear one of the restaurants there looks a lot like Uncharted 2.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

This is what I come back to after being in Disney World for a week???? The next update should be up in just a few days!!!!

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

No need to worry, our site's back up. For some reason even though the domain's set to auto-renew, it just... didn't. I dunno! The next update should be up tomorrow. Also a ton of podcasts will be going up in the next week or so since I haven't had the time to edit any of them. We're up to four now. Whoops. :v:

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

We're back! Updates are back! Nathan's back! Puns can end forever now because Nate's back and there are men to jump on again.

Episode 17: Peep Pipe.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 17, 2016

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I would argue that that is a feature of the game, and not a glitch. It's what replaced Doughnut Drake.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Please invest in Sullivan's Skin Solution, my entire life's savings is running on how well this business venture succeeds.

Episode 18: Skin Care.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Now that Christmas is done with, let's get back to updates! Now that all of the holidays are over, maybe my life can finally settle down into a routine for more than a week at a time!!!

Episode 19: Big rear end Map.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

• Locked thread