Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's
Oh hells yes, i've been looking forward to seeing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

Man, this really is a gorgeous looking game. Also: that was one hell of an intro chapter. Did any of the other games hold out on guns this far? I know you got a little gunplay in the opening boat scene but not much.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

For those who are planning on going to PAX: Amy Hennig is the opening speaker this year!

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

The best scene of that type in an action game is still Raiden's in Revengeance.

Monsoon: You're a monster! You just like killing people!

Raiden:... I do like killing people.

Monsoon: Hahaha! Yes! Let your guilt...

Raiden: You're a people.

Monsoon: I may have made a minor tactical error.

Man, Revengeance was fantastic. That scene was absolutely insane too, by that point in the game you're confident with the controls and mechanics and out of nowhere they give you a new one and introduce it with one of the best, over-the-top cutscenes I can think of.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

Man, that really was the most convincing eating animation i've seen. Seeing Drake's normal life was really well done as well, and that whole scene with Elena seemed really natural and authentic.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

The tiny animation details have impressed me again. This time it was the facial movement while Sam was smoking.

Also

Manatee Cannon posted:

well yea, there wouldn't be a game if nate just stayed at home

You could just go home and play Crash Bandicoot.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

My god what a gorgeous game. The story is great so far, and the action sequences are really cool, but I keep finding myself blown away by the small details. The legible text message, the fire, the facial animations, hell; Elena's eyes actually got redder and glassier as she began to cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

Maybe it'll be in a fantasy setting where the world is doomed by a large earthen monster.

The Tarrasque of Us

• Locked thread