Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crocodylus Pontifex
Jul 26, 2007
The Space Pope!
It was alluded to that Cassandra Morgan suffered from a unrevealed illness and killed herself. It's completely plausible that she hadn't worked with Evelyn for years, depending on what her illness was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocodylus Pontifex
Jul 26, 2007
The Space Pope!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Right, but most of them don't make a major running theme of everyone in the game being concerned that the main character will die. Like, Elena's entire emotional arc in this game is based around the idea that everything Nate does in the pursuit of treasure is risking his life. From the player's perspective, though, all that perilous climbing is a straightforward way of getting from point A to point B, and the most dangerous moments in character are for us amusing little cutscenes where Nate shouts "Oh crap!"

I'm not saying this is a game killer or anything - I think I enjoy UC4 most of all the series, in fact - it's just something that stuck out to me. Particularly in the last video, where he has a heart to heart with Elena about not risking his life and then immediately makes a dozen death-defying stunts that a normal man would die trying any one of.

Her problem wasn't that Nate was risking his life, it was because he was doing it behind her back and lying to her. They were supposed to be partners and he broke her trust. In the last video she even admits to missing the adventure herself. That and there's a big difference between risking your life for treasure and risking your life for family.

• Locked thread