Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
It really needs to be emphasized how pretty this game is. Naughty Dog's art design coupled with the PS4's graphics allows them to make some absolutely spectacular looking visuals.

Game's a lot of fun all around, and yeah it's a tough call between this and 2, but there's a couple of mechanical tweaks that I think give this game the edge. This is the first Uncharted game that I'm actually taking the time to play through again to collect everything, because it's a fun enough game that I really wanted to play it again right after I finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
Chip, I wanted to go back and rewatch your reaction to the E3 trailer back in 2015, but apparently the video was taken down by Activision. Are you ever planning to reupload the video, or is it lost to time forever? Because honestly, it is a god drat tragedy if they have robbed us of your reaction to the FF7 remake trailer.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

You know that felt like an unreasonable amount of effort put into betraying Vargas :saddowns: Dude just wanted some pirate treasure, and instead they repeatedly tried to cut him out, then just murdered him outright.

Yeah he was a sleazebag, but dang :saddowns: What a way to go out

Seriously, just agree to the deal, let him get you out of prison, then never talk to him again. What's he going to do, sue you for not honoring your deal?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

Holy carp! Just listened to a podcast on the Munster rebellion, so I'm always happy to hear more stuff!

Oh man, Hermann and Lilly slaughtering all those people and taking over over the town seemed a little harsh at first, but after seeing those photos of what that townsfolk did to Marilyn I couldn't really blame them. It's a shame Eddie betrayed them in the end, because I think they were really starting to get the hang of running that place.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like that despite being "out" of the whole treasure hunting game, Drake still apparently keeps all his buddies on speed dial.

I also love Alcazar as a villain. He switches from between friendly and amicable to intense and threatening so quickly that you can tell neither is even an act for him. He's just a friendly sociopath trying to make his way in the world.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Think about it this way. Drake's marriage is his greatest treasure, and if he goes with Sam on an adventure with Elena, it will crumble like all the other great treasures he finds do. Ergo, this was a good decision on his part and not a terrible one.

On the other hand, lying to Elena about this whole thing might end up destroying this treasure just as thoroughly as he has every other treasure he lays his hands on.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Let's see…

Elena has tracked down Nate in the middle of a jungle, twice; in a far-off Nepali village; on a random shore somewhere along the Arabian or Red Sea; and she has busted him out of a pacific island prison. She also knows how to keep up with trains and aeroplanes in a jeep.

Everyone should just hire Elena instead — she's probably better at finding stuff than any of the Drakes are.

The real reason Drake's lying to her is that he wants to impress his big brother and doesn't want Sam to see how much better Elena is at everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheLoser posted:

I feel like such an idiot for not winching both of those wooden pillars to the bridge at once the two times I played this game. It just seemed like you were supposed to do them one at a time.

Don't feel bad, I've played through the game twice and did them one by one both times. Never even occurred to me that I'd be able to pull both at once.

• Locked thread