Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Boston has a river. A pretty drat good one too! :colbert:

But this doesn't take place in Boston though, the skyline doesn't match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The only problem I have with the Nadine encounter is that she is looking for the cross and well, Nate doesn't have it, so he has no reason to be so cagey.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
It is expected that people in the global theft community would know about one another.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

CJacobs posted:

It cheapens both characters, I feel. Now instead of having to learn about one another and form a relationship, the story can handwave that whole layer away with "I already know them therefore I already know who they are and what they are like". It takes away an element of depth. Doing it a few times to emphasize how good of friends specific people are is fine, but doing it multiple times in the same game with people of all alignments is cheap.

But Drake doesn't know Nadine and this is the first time they have met. Being cognizant about some big deal with a private military is expected for someone in Nate's line of work and is definitely not the same thing as knowing a person. And the only reason why Sully knows Nadine is because Nadine is a mod on the artifact thievery subreddit and Sully is a notorious shitposter there.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Zagglezig posted:

Thinking back, was the first game the only one where we lost the really big treasure cause it turned out to be a scientifically magical artifact/substance too dangerous to let anyone have, but we still made a good profit cause one of our friends found a bunch of less important, but still valuable, treasure?

In the second game Drake and Elena found love, the greatest treasure of them all.

• Locked thread