Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The scene where Sam falls is even more tragic when you play as Donut Drake, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Apep727 posted:

Well, according to Wikipedia, Panama was part of the Viceroyality of Peru until 1821, so :shrug:

Wikipedia must be getting vandalized by dickish history profs again, it was part of New Grenada, not Peru.

Point is that Panama didn't become its own thing until 1903 when the US decided it didn't feel like dealing with the Columbian government re: building a totally sweet new canal. Spanish administration lumped it in with Columbia, Venezuela, and Ecuador, and then it was part of Columbia.

It's kind of weird that Naughty Dog knows the term Viceroyalties in the first place, and then either mistakenly thought Panama was one when there were only four of the things, or just made up that detail for...some reason?

Edit: Ah, I see the confusion, yeah it was part of Peru before New Grenada was formed, and would have still been part of Peru when Avery was sailing around.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 13, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That ocean looked soooooooooooooooooooo fuckin' good holy poo poo.

I want these water effects in a pyrate game Real Bad

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What I want to know is, what does Drake spend all the money he gets from selling treasure on between games, that he's always out of it by the next game?

He...he does sell the treasure right? Drake doesn't have a house somewhere full of ancient relics and bejeweled scarabs and poo poo, right? RIGHT?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I was not expecting an answer to my treasure questions so quickly.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't even want to think how long some guy had to work on Drake's tuxedo jacket animation.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Aiming with early smooth bore gunpowder weaponry is more of a vague concept than a concrete practice. Even if you do take careful aim your range is going to be like, a little over a hundred yards at best. And that's with a long barreled weapon.

It's why armies that used those kinds of weapons tended to bunch up into really big groups and get really close to each other.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 2, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Sully is Avery.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
i bet some of those war criminals drake murdered in 2 had some awards out on them. maybe elena made some quiet phone calls

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
it's too bad they noted the monks had already abandoned the place by the time Avery moved in because if not I would suggest the silent brothers of monk house reset the traps as a special inter-fraternity thing that was part of greek week

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Those mud physics.

:eyepop:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Too bad he set off his death flags of "im going to retire from pirate life as i have enough to live out the rest of my life comfortably."
And then he gets betrayed and deaded

Which is hilarious because the real Edward Teach got a pardon from a governor, and then went right back to piracy like two months later.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

CJacobs posted:

Libertalius Prime:

British East India company obstruction detected. Possibility of piracy hindrance: zero percent.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I can't believe Nathan Drake is loving dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"Never trust Greeks kid."

-Sullly to Darius I of Persia.

• Locked thread