Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I played a few hours of this but couldn't get into it despite enjoying the first three Uncharted games (and even the PS Vita one for what it was). There's nothing wrong with the game or anything, it's still very good but I just wasn't feeling it for some reason. Maybe I'm just tired of the Uncharted formula by this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Bruceski posted:

From the disciplinary form, his last name begins with an M.
He's clearly a descendant of Captain John Marchant, who accompanied Sir Francis Drake on several expeditions! :pseudo:

(I hope that's not an actual plot point in this game or I'll look very silly)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I've been rewatching the Uncharted 1 LP and drat, the screen tearing in UC1 is distracting as all hell. I've no idea how that didn't bother me when I played the game years ago (or the last time I watched the LP), that's some Saints Row 1 grade tearing going on there.

At least the Sully jokes in the LP make up for any issues the game has. :v:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 17, 2016

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I failed the Crash Bandicoot segment because I was paying too much attention to the debate about whether or not Crash is a bandicoot. That's my excuse, anyway.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Sully has been dead for the last thirty years, he just hasn't noticed yet and nobody has had the heart to tell him.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Speaking of which, I was reading the Uncharted wiki the other day (after I finally beat UC4) and Sully's article helpfully points out that "Victor Sullivan was born somewhere in 1951". Honestly, I'm not so sure that Sully was actually born in some location and didn't just materialize into existence, so maybe it was a good idea to include that bit.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 23, 2016

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Smart phones might not exist yet. From the ps1 being a PS1 and not a ps3 emulating crash I just kind of assumed the game takes place in around that era.
Elena is a proper retro gamer who has to play her old games on the original hardware, she's having none of this emulation nonsense. :colbert: (actually I think the PS3 has hardware-based backwards compatibility for PSX games, but still)

Seriously though, each main Uncharted game is supposed to take place around the time the development was going on.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 26, 2016

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Brutakas posted:

Was Guybrush a pirate? I thought Mancomb Seepgood was the pirate and Guybrush just went around selling fine leather jackets.
Guybrush wasn't a pirate, he was a Mighty Pirate. :colbert:

Mancomb Seepgood, meanwhile, met a grisly fate at the hands of Edward Kenway.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

All I know about PMCs, I learned from Metal Gear Solid. That's a reliable source, right?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

When Chip was talking about Uncharted: Golden Abyss a few episodes ago, he mentioned that the lady companion in that game is Eddy Raja's sister. That's actually not the case, Eddy's sister Rika (whose name I recalled off the top of my head, that worries me slightly) shows up in Uncharted: Eye of Indra which is some kind of motion comic spinoff thing. Marisa in Golden Abyss is a different character, she's the daughter of some important archaeologist or something.

Sorry if this has been brought up, I skimmed a good chunk of the thread and didn't notice anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Frankly, I'm surprised that's only ten and a half minutes long.

• Locked thread