Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

I would play the gently caress out of a game of Elena going around to places for her travel guides and running into unexpected problems

Just give me Uncharted Snap. If you see a glint of light and take a picture of it a treasure materializes. Get all the treasures to unlock the secret route to taking the first ever clear photo of Bigfoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

We're not so different, you and I...

That one was Uncharted 2.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

He was going to show up in this game, but that got thrown out of the window when the creative shakeups happened at ND.

Maybe the single player DLC for this game will be a Chloe/Cutter story happening during this game.

Chloe does offer Nate a job. Wouldn't be surprised if she went for Cutter after never hearing back from him.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

MachuPikacchu posted:

Yeah, Sam betrayed Rafe, not Nate. He just strung Nate along. Nate is pissed off at Sam because he thought he was doing something virtuous (helping save Sam's life) when instead he was an unwitting accomplice to something less honorable (dicking over Rafe).

I dunno, dicking over Rafe seems like the most honorable thing I've ever seen Nate partake in, however unwittingly.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I don't understand how Jojo memes could've led to this

I understand perfectly how Jojo memes led to this.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Darox posted:

Can anyone explain why "you have to give up the treasure" was a plot point by the end of the game? At earlier points, sure, but by the end it has completely lost all teeth. It doesn't contain a cursed mummy, it's not actually tree resin guarded by blue men, it didn't get consumed by a ridiculous sinkhole, it's just underwater in a sheltered cove. The only remaining threat to people seeking the treasure is other people seeking the treasure. That's a fine reason for Nadine to give up but after Drake kills Rafe there's nothing to stop them from just coming back a week later to do some excavation and scuba diving.

When both Rafe and Nadine were in play, it mattered on a more thematic level because it was about not letting the obsession that steered Nate for so many years leading into and including U3 lead Sam and Nate to either death or irreparable damage to the latter's relationships. As the villains start to fall away it becomes more practical, Nadine leaves but Rafe's obsession and hatred makes him a more immediate priority and when he dies they need to leave the treasure because the boat is on fire and exploding and sinking.

Regarding the ending: I think that both Uncharted 3 and 4 did a lot of the legwork in characterizing Nate and his relationship to Elena in a way that makes the ending feel earned. If the games kept being the overly Indiana Jones type adventures where there isn't much to develop Nate outside the arc of an IJ movie then it would have felt about as weird as everything to do with Crystal Skull, but starting with 3 Naughty Dog did put more of an effort in making Nate a more complex character. The ending was a nice if toeing the line of excessively sweet payoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Not even a Tenzin!

• Locked thread