Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

No?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

EponymousMrYar posted:

And this is why Nate will always be poor for what he does. Because being rich in this line of work means you're evil. Nate's too good to be evil!

You have a weird definition of good.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Tippis posted:

How do you make a 96-minute move out of a 6-minute event, 2½ of which were uneventful. :psyduck:

By following the media blitz and aftermath of the event and how it affected the dude at the center of it all?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Discendo Vox posted:

Two things:

1. I love how the prison layout is entirely consistent between the two times you go there.

I know we're all having fun admiring all the details and nice touches and whatnot in this game, but "they reused an area from earlier and it didn't spontaneously morph into something else" isn't exactly one of them.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Drake is part Kangaroo, part Koala

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CJacobs posted:

how does he do these things, is Drake a wacky races character with magnetic gloves

I was going to mention this same thing without the fancy webm. The graphics are great and a lot of the little details are really nice but you'd think they'd work on things like this before "the bars bends a little when you shimmy!"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I won't consider this LP complete until you clear out one of these Shoreline encounters by driving your jeep through all the mooks.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Like, how many games shown off at E3 actually live up to the hype they create?

Very few, and Uncharted 4 doesn't count as one of them.

Remember that first teaser that was tooootally in engine footage and the gameplay was going to be 60 FPS?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I guess I should have said "played live at E3" instead.

I don't really count early CGI teasers since the game's still in development at that point, so why would they have that many art assets and a working game engine running visuals of that level of fidelity when there's still two or three years left to make the game?

AAA games simply don't look like that when they're three years out from release, they're still mostly code and featureless gray blocks. The game would look like the top half of this image around the time that teaser trailer was released, and wouldn't look like the bottom half until close to a year left in development.

So, yeah, 30 second long teaser trailers? Lies, ever single one of them, and this game is also on the hook for that.

Game actually being played live onstage? Often times also lies, so I'm impressed that this game actually looks as good now as it looked then.

That's fair. It's just unfortunate that Naughty Dog did the Ubisoft/EA thing and really went out of their way to lie about the teaser footage.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Artix posted:

They accounted for that, which is why Xenoblade X is up for Best RPG (it released in Dec 2015), despite the fact that no one has cared about it for about 11 months once we found out how limited the giant robots were and how much of a pain in the rear end they were to get.

Play for a dozen or so hours until you get your free one. Positively Herculean.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Gamerofthegame posted:

chip I heard that the Nier demo was

"okay"

t/f

It's very very good, not amazing but it does get nier it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RareAcumen posted:

It's high time someone makes a character that never makes any mistakes. They may not be forever beloved by everyone like Jesus or that guy who came up with the sewing needle with an opening in the loop but it's about time for a completely logical character who's never wrong.

It's high time someone admits that a game can have flaws pointed out and still be a liked game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Spudd posted:

Good game, good let's play, poo poo posters in the thread. Thanks lp d00dz for making a fun thing to watch. :D

God forbid people have criticisms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder how much farther we'll backslide about complaining about game mechanics now. Maybe next we'll have someone saying how it's bullshit that dynamite doesn't reduce people into meat chunks. Ooh, or how about how healing from not taking more damage works up to a point but that point is long before bullet wounds!

Imagine being this much of a giant baby about other people's observations and opinions.

• Locked thread