Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really loved Uncharted 4 so I'm all in on this LP. I'm about ready to strap in and listen to Chip and Ironicus gush about a great game. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Onmi posted:

Seriously this was a chill chapter that just had the dumbest conclusion.

Yeah, it sticks out as a bum storytelling note in a game that otherwise avoids those pretty decently.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah this story is hilariously dumb. As the World Turns for gamers.

The Uncharted games are like the video game equivalent of (good) summer blockbusters: compelling characters, stirring music, great visuals, lots of fun action and adventure, but a plot that falls apart if you think about it too hard. Uncharted 4 is a cut above the rest just because it does such a good job of turning itself into a really personal, character-driven story, but the whole "old lady just keels over" thing is pretty dumb.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I am actually a bit annoyed with the ending because the entire game screams at Nate over and over GIVE UP TREASURE, GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN, GIVE UP THE TREASURE YOU WILL DIE, GIVE UP THE TREASURE, GIVE UP THE TREASURE IT'S ABOUT FAMILY. And then when he finally realizes the lesson he's being taught and accepts it, the game is like "ha ha just kidding joke's on you Nate, here come more treasure adventures but it's not your choice this time". :/

Still, what a great game overall.

Yeah, but now they're legal treasure adventures! And I dunno, I can't think of any legal job Nate could ever do other than salvage and archaeology, so it makes sense to me.

I think in the end, Nate has to learn to stop chasing the danger and constant extra-legal "archaeology" attempts that put him in conflict with private militaries because he has people who care about him, but ultimately he's still an adventurer, and so is Elena.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 10, 2017

• Locked thread