Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Ah, Panamá, where the jails are staffed and inhabited exclusively by Mexicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

chiasaur11 posted:

I still don't understand why Jesus was so sure Drake had to murder the President with his fingernails.

It's because the President wanted to take the most valuable collectible of them all (the napkin).

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

chiasaur11 posted:

Seems it'd be a bit unsporting to totally ignore M.I.B the series.

The animation was stylish, it balanced longer plots with one-offs, and the writing was usually alright, and sometimes even clever. Definitely better than the average.

Agent J: "Wait, John Lennon was an alien? What's Ringo?"

Agent K: "The drummer."

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Grizzwold posted:

I was honestly expecting Elena to go "Nate it's not really monsoon season, what the gently caress did you do this time?" at some point during that last cutscene. I mean, why else would she have brought it up?

I was expecting the camera to pan to a boarding pass for a flight to Madagascar.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Hey, so, I guess I have a fear of heights now.

E: Also bell towers

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Just heading down the shops to buy milk involved surpassing three death traps, solving a puzzle involving arcane astronomical lore and climbing a sheer cliff while being pelted with rocks.

And swimming uphill! Both ways!

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Samizdata posted:

Ir was awesome. I still quote one episode.

"Well, it's time to bring the pain!"

"Wait, John Lennon was an Arquillian? Then what's Ringo?"

"The drummer."

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I want to see a speedrun of the game.

The TAS of Us.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

chitoryu12 posted:

Well, I don't really see Sam's betrayal as a "betrayal" in the traditional sense. It would be if he had been working for Rafe the whole time, but Rafe has been legitimately trying to kill him from the beginning and Sam has a good share of Shoreline kills on his record. Even when Rafe reveals the truth to Nate, he's still holding a gun on Sam and he's very pissed at Nate and Sully being involved.

The way I see it, Sam has been operating independently ever since he met Nate at the harbor. Rafe did get him out of jail, but they were completely stuck beyond tracking down the second St. Dismas cross. Sam let his lust for the treasure get ahead of him and abandoned Rafe and Nadine, cooking up a story about Alcazar to get his brother to help him get the treasure for himself. He wasn't working for Rafe and had no intentions to hand over the treasure to him if he found it. Maybe he didn't even want the millions and just wanted to be proven right after all this time.

Yeah, Sam betrayed Rafe, not Nate. He just strung Nate along. Nate is pissed off at Sam because he thought he was doing something virtuous (helping save Sam's life) when instead he was an unwitting accomplice to something less honorable (dicking over Rafe).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

The acting in this section is so good. The awkward, uncomfortable silence is so thick you can cut it with an antique knife.

• Locked thread