Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I have only just caught up with this LP and I must complain that there has not been nearly enough Sully thus far.

Other than that, this LP is absolutely fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I think that would be for the best.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Phy posted:

Sully crashlanding in the Hudson is the reason nobody wants to go in the Hudson now

His venereal diseases are now all over that river. You can die merely by touching the water if your immune system is too weak.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm in agreement with Ironicus re: the way Uncharted games introduce new characters. It gets a little annoying to have a brand new character show up and have everybody go "Yeah I remember you." and leave me mildly confused as to if I completely forgot about old characters.

That said, I'm already won over by Nadine and I like her presence in this game a lot just based on what we've seen so far.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I mean the fact that Sam's throwing arm was that accurate was a bit absurd, but Nate's catch animation felt pretty spot on. It's how I probably would have caught something if I were...no I shouldn't go there.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Discendo Vox posted:

My point was that Salim and Tenzin are major characters, so the criticism, expressed with the provided prior standard, no longer applies. None of these things are meaningful critiques of the narrative, beyond the fact that narratives have conventions that are used to make them not suck. Not following these conventions would render the plots nonsensical or difficult for the player to follow. These are well-written games- perhaps some of the best-written in the medium at the moment.

Just because it's not literally every character doesn't mean it's not maybe a bit too prevalent. These are well-written good games, but that critique definitely flies. You can critique things that are good. They still have flaws. It's okay.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I finished rewatching all of the Uncharted 3 LP and now I'm here to yell at Chip for being a drat dirty liar. We never got those Uncharted 3 mp videos.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I hope it's a terrible weapon. But it's probably not.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

kalonZombie posted:

Any gun that's gold-yellow instead of white is typically a one-shot type that holds very little ammo. Sometimes if you only nick a guy in the arm it's a two-shot, but for the most part yellow-gold guns are one shotters.

Gameplay wise that makes sense and is fine, but I'd be happier if the flintlock was really lovely for historical accuracy. But this is Uncharted we're talking about, so I can't really complain about that.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Jetrauben posted:

In fairness, I suppose the pyrates could have relied upon slave labor, and it's the era for jerks to do that sort of thing. But it's never really mentioned or anything.

Considering how big on individual freedom they seem to be, I don't find slave labor too likely. But I suppose it's definitely possible.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i'm so glad you're back, chip. it was horrible without you. please never leave us again.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm so happy you decided to share this with us.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'd consider lying to your brother and tricking him into going on an adventure with you when he'd rather stay home with his wife a form of betrayal.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Alternatively, this is the Uncharted series. Nadine is a cool badass lady and has proven to be even more cool and badass in this cutscene. Now she will be even more satisfying to take down later.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Nadine is the supernatural in this game.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

ManSedan posted:

If Uncarted ever happens would Tenzin ride a surprisingly fast yak?

stop this at once. you are making me yearn for things i can never have

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Dooky Dingo posted:

With Nate looking at Elena while he delivers the line, I read it as Nate admitting that him making up the story about a treasure and a job and everything else in order to do something back handed was only something an rear end in a top hat would do.
It's kind of an admission/acknowledgement/apology combo.
At least, from my POV.

yeah that's what it looked like to me. there was a "yeah i hosed up too and i totally realize that" subtext to it

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

stone cold posted:

Disagreed! It just depends on how the genetic dice roll out!

But I don't think Nathan and Sam are related to Evelyn, cause why wouldn't their baddad dump them on her instead of the orphanage?

unless he didn't know about her?

i still think this is a bit too far of a reach though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
good lp, chip and ironicus. thanks for going through the effort, i really appreciated it

• Locked thread