Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
drat this game is gorgeous. I don't have a PS4, so I've been looking forward to getting a really good look at it like this.

As I understand it, a lot of the textures/materials in Uncharted 4 were procedurally generated using Substance Designer. It sounded like Naughty Dog worked fairly closely with Allegorithmic during the development of both the game and the Substance tools. If anyone's interested in a pretty technical look behind the scenes at the art in the game, there are some videos from GDC 2016 on this stuff here.

(No real spoilers there from what I've seen. The videos were recorded before the game's release, so they were understandably aiming to avoid spoiling things.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
drat this game is pretty.

Pretty bad at spelling. :downsrim:

(Looks like Nate forgot the "i before e except after c" rule in his journal. I know, it's probably intentional.)

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Cleretic posted:

Fun fact: there's more exceptions to that rule than adherents. By a lot.

Yeah, I know. Not in the case of "receive", though. :v:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Holy poo poo that chase scene. Holy poo poo. That's got to be like half the game's budget right there.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
... Was that a kookaburra off in the distance? I didn't realise Libertalia was actually in Australia all along.

(Oh - or New Guinea; apparently they're found there too.)

Man, this part of the game is gorgeous. Like every other part of the game, yeah - but it looks like it would be great to explore. It sort of makes me wish Naughty Dog were making... I don't know, some kind of open-world games, maybe. They're obviously masters at what they do, but I'm just not into relatively straightforward third-person action games.

• Locked thread