Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Grizzwold posted:

That sounds very much my schist. It might be a bit tuff to do well, though.

Just let it di, o'rite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I really appreciate that Elena's reaction is less angry or surprised and far more fed up. They've been through a lot together, and Nate keeps on pulling this crap over and over. It's to the point that she nearly expects it, despite a hope to be wrong.

Juxtaposing that incredible setpiece, a moment of excitement and pure actionized enjoyment, next to that sudden "I hosed up" scene... It's fantastic, really shoving you into Nate's mindset.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

DialTheDude posted:

Yo Naughty Dog,

We get it. You looked up every definition, permutation, and possibility of the word 'detail'. If you kept going any more above and beyond to please us, you'd reach some sort of 4th plane of existence and I'd rather you not see that kind of power and go mad.

Pretty wise of them to draw the line at that game and ignore the rest.

It does have some details that are clearly from the 2010 image, such as the gold striation things on the cuffs and the fuller beard. Then again, that one is clearly based upon the #2 appearance, so good on them either way.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Geomancing posted:

Nathan is using his personal credit card and Elena's just watching the hotel bills, food charges, and 4x4 rental fees pop up on the account website.

"Why the hell did he get the one with the winch?"

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Chip Cheezum posted:

I don't remember having Drake fruitlessly trying to climb a mountain that's 90% surfaces just slightly too steep for him to climb. :v:

I'll have you know that I've climbed the Throat of the World without using the path at all. Bethesda mountain climbing is an art and a lesson in perseverance.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

CJacobs posted:

FYI I am actually laughing aloud at this prospect. Just "HA HA GOTCHA DOOFUS" right at the end of what surely was an incredibly long and arduous journey back in the pyrating days.

Well, anyone making the journey will either be well off enough to be worth robbing or otherwise so drained that it would be a simple matter to off them.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Perhaps the next game will follow the way of Ubisoft and have a sailing focus

The Mast of Us

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Security (and related ideas like this) is a matter of making it just hard enough to make a high-enough percentage of the userbase not even attempt to cicumvent it. I say that's good enough for the writer types they cater to.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I really like how some of the Libertalian art pieces still evoke the pirate life, like the hall of figurehead angels in the treasury.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Bruceski posted:

The creepy rock is, I believe, a volcano that partially collapsed rather than the typical full-caldera collapse. I have no clue if that happens often in real geology, but given how it seems to have a cause rather than "just "creepy-looking rock" I'm going to guess it was either modeled off an actual land feature, or someone on the landscaping art team is REALLY good.

Look, some pirates had a little too much grog (and gunpowder) along on their mountain hiking trip.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Oil of Paris posted:

how many 5 year olds could nadine realistically take on at once

An infinite number until two of them are protagonists

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Well, obviously it's THAT bandana, so it's both.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

The cigar is a flamethrower.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Should I be utterly ignoring my keyboard and mouse when I play PC platinum games? Precision angle control seems far too important for WASD to handle.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

guns for tits posted:

Yeah but Elena made it to Libertalia, unlike Nicky, who's never coming back

I just watched that a week ago

make it stop

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

morallyobjected posted:

she's historian-famous. could you name a famous contemporary historian when you were 12?

Could you, on sight, name the year of creation of random pottery? These aren't your usual kids.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

akulanization posted:

Sully has not so much aged as gradually become a larger version of himself.

Via steady intake of alike bacterio-viral material

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Zagglezig posted:

Yeah, you had Madagascar, then out in King's Bay we had the cluster of islands with the giant compass arrow mechanisms, and finally we have Libertalia's island even further out. So we might still be in King's Bay or maybe a little bit into the Indian ocean now, since I don't remember if Libertalia was visible from the last compass arrow or if we just had a direction.

I'm pretty sure that the compass arrow was way out of sight from Libertalia.

That could actually be a far more reasonable test for potential residents, actually, seeing as going to an unknown destination given only a vector would be a decent test of sea navigation.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

So, over 90 minutes, it looks like.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

the ending is a bollywood dance with the cast of the entire series, sorry to disappoint

It would be interesting to see all the Elenas lined up as four entirely different-looking people.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

Given the context and the picture there, I'm pretty sure that's meant in a sarcastic way of "Oh, it's okay, it's just a GAME, right?? It's not YOU being a bad person!" :smug:

There's another one more towards a strictly, blatantly negative sentiment:

And another saying "Do you feel like a hero yet?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

TheLoser posted:

Chip, if you're sure about not playing multiplayer, you should at least show off the best thing about it.

Truly beautiful.

• Locked thread