Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sout
Apr 24, 2014

is :firstpost: probate-able?
who cares.
Another Chip thread :toot:

sout fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

After seeing this LP started I went back and finished the last two thirds of Uncharted 3 because I never did that.

That game still looks amazing, occasional framerate drops aside.

Also, where have I seen this guy before?

it must be someone's profile picture somewhere or something. Maybe it just reminds me of Boognish

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Oh yeah when I said I played through most of UC3 yesterday, I meant that I blitzed through the first bit on hard, then on normal, then "gently caress it, easy mode." Just wanted to be caught up for the LP tbh, I remember the other 2 games having to do a lot of retries on so many different areas. It's so hard to survive when you get yourself in a bad position.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

MrWillsauce posted:

What happens if you get caught while slinking around the orphanage?

you get shot, the screen goes white and everybody around you yells "NATE!"

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Chip Cheezum posted:

There are a decent amount of short cutscenes that play when getting caught in a bunch of situations in this game. I'll be compiling those in a video with some other optional stuff that can happen when you screw up in this game at a later point. If you get caught in the orphanage, the nun grabs Nate by the ear and pulls him back to his room.

I was considering posting that as a joke but huh that's actually what happens. Like the girls' dorm in Bully.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Wow the animation in that fight.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

The most important question is can you replay the singleplayer as alternate character skins? All I heard was that there is no longer a Donut Drake outfit, but I dunno if that means in singleplayer in addition to multiplayer.
I'm pretty sure 3 doesn't have that feature.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

gameplay and story segregation, son!

Thank you for not saying "ludonarrative dissonance" even though it's probably apt here.
IGN reckons Drake's body count for the first 3 games is 1829.
Nate doesn't even look at his bloodied hands and scream "what have I become!?" as far as I can remember.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

morallyobjected posted:

yeah and George Lucas didn't include the scene where Luke deals with the guilt of killing everyone on the Death Star either

but let's start this tired area of discussion again, sure

I was sort of poking fun at that scene in Far Cry 3 where our hero does that and it still doesn't really work.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Sinners Sandwich posted:

To note the lived in feel of the house, I bet why that pill bottle is so torn up is that it got left in the laundry accidentaly, as for who in the house needs blood pressure medicine , not sure so it must be working.

It's THE VIEWER because Uncharted 4TM always keeps your heart racing with non-stop thrills, chills and frequent kills.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

DeafNote posted:

at least england pronounces herbs the right way

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

But they still say "an herb" and with a hard H that just sounds weird.

Yeah, I'm from England and I do think this is dumb. "an historic event" pffft.

• Locked thread