Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I decided to get the new Doom instead of this game, so I'll get to see this game blind. It'll be like looking into an alternate reality of buying a different videogame instead of something more significant changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

double nine posted:

Is that a picture of Dragon Ball's Cell?

Looks like the title screen of Cheetahmen.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
It's no wonder the quality looks so bad, it's camcorder LP over an HDTV play anything that doesn't use HDMI. That not only stretches the pixels to hell but give you control input delays, regardless it's not hard to google how to screen capture since they can easily afford the... Okay I'll stop.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Kuvo posted:

that whole segment seems like it was inspired by castle of cagliostro

I was thinking Castlevania and Mario 64. I guess I should watch this movie again, if anyone reading this hasn't seen it you probably should fix that. :thumbsup:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

CJacobs posted:

Uncharted takes place in an alternate universe where Guybrush decided to grow out the peach fuzz and therefore never went on happy go lucky pirate adventures. Instead he went on totally serious pyrate adventures.

Or Guybrush dropped a razor a week before posing for that portrait.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
The joke is repeating and starting to collapse in on it self, hope that's the last of it.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

JT Jag posted:

Yeah but who's the worst of us

There's no bad or worse, they're is only bad. Every last one of us.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Chip is on vacation right now, I'm sure when he gets back with another update it'll the last pun from us.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I felt like the fact that you play the prison break out as Sam is implying that it's what Nate imagines it being, he imagined it being loving ridiculous because that's what he's used to at this point.

poo poo now I can't help but think Sam forced Nate to have the story told via Dungeon and Dragons or something of the like, and Nate with his amazing luck rolls nothing but 20s.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Hang on. Are you all trying to tell me that people committing theft, arson, wrecked-less driving, possessing and using explosives and firearms in public, mass-murder, corruption, and uh loving jaywalking on a now daily basis might be bad people when they start lying to each other? Okay.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

CJacobs posted:

I mean, the lying to each other is the entire conceit of the story, it's the reason for all of that. So yeah, the lies in this situation are worse than all that because they're what caused it all to happen.

That's one way of looking at it, but then I think of that scene in the attic or coming into the house where Elena was waiting and realize that if Sam didn't lie he could've still convinced Nate to go even if it took more time or whatever. All I'm really seeing is an excuse and selfish rationalization of Nate wanting to do treasure hunting, and not wanting to look like a bad guy while doing it. Just like why he stopped Sam from shooting Nadine even though he's totally okay with offing hundreds of goons that probably wouldn't be there because of her, or maybe it's because he's just dumb. "You can't kill her, she has a name. And who else are we gonna be the hand-to-hand boss fight?"

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hes a tiny wiener of a man

He the face gets melted nazi
Not the get shredded by a propeller nazi

Couldn't have said it better myself.

morallyobjected posted:

yes, he enjoys doing it, but even he thinks the stakes here are too high, and he's only along because of Sam.

My point is that he enjoys it and is a bad person for it, and that a character with a names have more value to their lives than hundreds of goons that are there because of them. Or he's conveniently dumb so the plot can move along and the audience shouldn't think about it too hard since it's silly videogame for babies mature adults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Now let's talk about how none of the supposed 'Good Guys' seem to have any value for human life, as Nathan shoves a man off a cliff and jokes 'Enjoy the trip!' as he crashes on sharp outcroppings of rock. The HR department's eyes growing more haggard as the sudden spike in deaths force them to stay another three days.

:thumbsup:

As for the how Nadine can fight against the two. Neither Nate nor Sam have had their training montage before the upcoming bout in their hometown, also they won anyway due to Nate's flying-dude-missile-punch Super Art. Shame it'll be nerfed in the next balance patch.

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 30, 2016

• Locked thread