Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
Where did Nathan's heretofore unheard of brother come from? Upriver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'm guessing "The Riches of Paradise" will turn out to be a fungus that controls peoples' brains.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

MrWillsauce posted:

Maybe Sam's death caused Drake to suppress all of his memories about grappling hooks in the later games. It is clever symbolism by the developers; Drake is literally and metaphorically unable to grapple with his traumatic past.

And his compulsive stealing of treasure is an attempt to replace the one true treasure he lost. Family.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Gamers aren't people.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

achillesforever6 posted:

surprised Nolan North wasn't in it.

Who do you think's going to voice the Joker?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Bruceski posted:

They made the Uncharted games, and are currently in lawsuits with Drake et all for "coincidences that just keep getting weirder".

No the lawsuit is because Drake didn't agree to have his likeness used by Naughty Dog when Sully sold them the license. It's also the reason Drake and Sully haven't seen each other in two years. On the up shot people in the Uncharted Universe get to play as Sully, with Drake as his sidekick. You would not believe how many sex mini games there are.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CJacobs posted:

When you think about it, Crash Bandicoot is basically Drake. He's a big dummy that runs around killing off the local population so he can get shiny treasure while causing tons and tons of property damage. It's just that in Crash, the only property available to damage is crates.

What is Drake's Wumpa fruit analog? Does this mean Sully has an evil twin named Yllus? If Drake finds another Sully will they merge into a more powerful one? When Drake becomes invincible, what part of Sully goes over Drake's face?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It was such a shame when Sully's mother died of complications from giving birth to a 50 year old man.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Things would have gone so much better if Sully hadn't also pissed off Bruce Wayne.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

runs out of Naughty Dog studios screaming what a bunch of goddamn hippies they are after playtesting Drake throwing his soda into the recycling bin*

It must have been a nightmare for them to hear Sully say he was a vegan, even in jest.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Cleretic posted:

Fun fact: there's more exceptions to that rule than adherents. By a lot.

I think I sense the plot of Uncharted 5. Something about Sumerians and aliens and pirates.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Sully isn't impressed with navigating by paper, charts, and stars. When he was sailing the only navigational tools were sacrifices to Poseidon and mating with helpful fishmen.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

bobjr posted:

You can't run over the lemurs. You kinda clip through them. I mean even if you could it would only be deserving of a game over.

Drake! You've created a time paradox!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So if the flintlock pistols are using superposed loads, why are there only two bullets in them?

And who had the better rear end, Solid Snake or Solid Sully?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'd imagine that drawbridge saw a lot of traffic coming from upriver.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SlothfulCobra posted:

I know that in the end the treasure is probably going to be some kind of pirate death star or something, but I still can't believe this whole thing is supposed to be about generic pirate treasure of gold and jewels (never mind the fact that not all loot would be nonperishables, spices were real big in this part of the world).

The real treasure was all the exotic animals the pyrates collected over their careers. The paradise they spoke of was a pet paradise.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I think I've got this game's backstory all figured out:

So there was a group of pyrates who got together. I guess you could call them The Phylosophers given the religious bent of their collaboration. And their leaders were the greatest pyrates of their time. They probably had to share power amongst each other. A Wysemen's Commyttee if you will. And they pooled all their treasure together into The Phylosopher's Legacy. A sum great enough to win the War of The Spanish Succession five times over.

Prediction time: Division arose in Libertalia. No doubt some of the pyrates harbored lingering loyalties to their home countries. These Patryots or la-ly-lu-le-lo, fought and took over the remnants of The Phylosophers. Long story short the world is secretly controlled by robot pyrates.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

KieranWalker posted:

Yeah, Rafe owns all of that, so technically Shoreline is in the clear on that one.

King's Bay, on the other hand...

Just because he owns it doesn't mean his private security can carry whatever guns they want. Or maybe they can, I don't know what Scotland's laws on self-defense are.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Ching Shih was also active a hundred years after Avery died. Or "died" according to the game.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I think Rafe chose to shoot Nate over Sam because he figures that even if Sam doesn't help him at all, it's only a matter of time before the treasure is found and Rafe wants the satisfaction of taking something that Sam thinks he doesn't deserve, before killing him. At this point the Drakes are running out of usefulness for Rafe, so either he lets them go or kills them and at this point Rafe isn't going to spare anyone.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How far into the other games did the supernatural stuff show up? Chip says the lp is around 2/3s through the game, so how does it compare to the others? What possible hints or foreshadowing have we seen that compare to the "yetis" or the traps the descendants set?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If not for the fact that he has both eyes I'd say Sully was Odin.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SpookyLizard posted:

It wasn't actually "let there be light" as much as it was "where'd that goddamn lighter get to? Ah, there it is."

Also i'm seeing a lot of Sully jokes but ya'll seem to forget that his name is Victor 'Goddamn!' Sullivan and i'm not seeing nearly enough goddamn.

Why would God drat himself?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gorilla Salad posted:

Had another thought about why it's probably subterranean gold stealing goblins causing all this - if it actually was all a plot by the Founders to lure everyone to an island and steal everything from them, like Nathan suggests, then why have all the deadly traps and challenges?

Conspicuous consumption. Gotta look rich to get richer.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Not goblins. Py-rats.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

And More posted:

Know your latin, man! Pie is the vocative of pius. Pious rats. The founders were punished for their blasphemy.

So Christian Skaven pyrates then. Yarr-yarr, matey-things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's a drat shame Avery didn't transform himself into a dragon to guard his treasure.

• Locked thread