Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

sout posted:

After seeing this LP started I went back and finished the last two thirds of Uncharted 3 because I never did that.

That game still looks amazing, occasional framerate drops aside.

Also, where have I seen this guy before?

it must be someone's profile picture somewhere or something. Maybe it just reminds me of Boognish
It looks like :eng101: to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DatonKallandor posted:

True. How about that Nathan Drake, he sure loves him some treasure.

Will he finally learn that the greatest treasure....is family?
Perhaps he will learn that the treasure was inside him all along.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

GoneRampant posted:

If anyone's struggling to place Nadine's voice actress, that's Laura Bailey, essentially the female counterpart to Troy (In that she's frigging' everywhere).

I'm not a huge fan of how Nadine's boss fight is handled, though that's simply because I detest the "Playable boss fight that the player has to lose," cliche. Surely Naughty Dog could have done a cutscene where Nate gets a lucky shot in and takes Nadine down, only for some goons to come in and for him to have to jump out the window. As it stands, it just felt to me like artificially making Nadine look more badass when she hasn't really earned those credentials.
Nate's a salvage guy and ex-treasure hunter.

Nadine is a professional mercenary. It's not very surprising that she's better at fighting than he is.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Quite the opposite, in fact. Some pirate societies were incredible for the amount they looked after each other and how democratic they were.
I think Samovar meant that people got into pirating because it was somewhere that'd take them despite their handicap.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EponymousMrYar posted:

His name is Guybrush Threepwood and he is the Mightiest Pyrate I will have you know good sir :colbert:

To be more on point, these elaborate structures built by lost civilizations is something of a thing in the Uncharted games. It's not really new. What is new is the sheer scale compared to the people that built them this time. I mean, you don't expect Pyrates to exhibit traits of master City Planners and masonry/gadgetry. Clearly Avery was such a masterful rogue of the sea that he stole everyone's perception of him being the late-1600's early-1700's version of Archimedes.

I suspect a pretty big payoff is coming from all the architectural buildup we've seen so far.
Part of the issue here is that this isn't from some ancient, barely if at all documented civilization spoken of mostly in rumor and myth. We have a much, much better idea of the sort of resources and technology they could bring to bear on the issue.

• Locked thread