Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sweden sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

thetruegentleman posted:

This vote is kind of a catch-22: only people who have already played a fair amount of EU4 are likely to vote, but they probably don't remember what new players are actually looking for. New players might be watching the vote, but they wouldn't want to risk voting for a country that isn't fun, since nobody likes a boring LP, even if the end result is playing as a complicated country that dissuades them from playing.

Sweden isn't really hard to play when compared to the minor states (like Aragon and Scotland), but it requires an early finesse that makes it an awkward choice at best. Venice is...an odd duck.

I've never played EU4 and I voted for Sweden because I had no clue if they were an easy start or not. I only knew it was historically a perpetually "almost a great power" nation and figured that would make it a fun nation for beginners.

• Locked thread