Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I was just watching the different season intros on YouTube and after the last one, the last five minutes of Sleeping in Light came up and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk.

B5 is so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

It's on iTunes if you don't mind buying it again ($20/season or $70 for all five).

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Beefeater1980 posted:

This thread has got me really wanting to rewatch B5, but out here in Hong Kong we can't get it on Amazon Prime. Any Asia Goons know of a way to watch it in this region?

You might check iTunes, it has the whole series in the US but I dunno about other regions.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

Has no one in this thread seen The Expanse? Because it's hitting some of the big space opera with politics hits that B5 is known for, just no aliens.

Yeah, The Expanse is pretty great. Dark Matter turned out to be surprisingly good too.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 13, 2017

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

You guys are really missing some seriously good hardcore Sci-Fi. Space battles using newtonian physics, political intrigue with numerous factions, it's really what you want if you crave even a little bit of what B5 did.

If you can't watch the tv series for whatever reason, it's a book series, so you could always go to your local library! Check out Leviathan Wakes.

I like some of Dark Matter. It is surprisingly good, I'll agree but only because I went in with low expectations. It's definitely got a "made by the people who brought you Stargate SG1" feel but the characters are good and while the plot can be hit or miss the acting is pretty good all around.

Yep, I definitely wasn't expecting much when I started it and it was pretty goofy at first but I ended up liking it. A bit like Farscape in that way, but I love Farscape now.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Sense8 is also very good.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I like all of the episodes. Even the bad ones.

Same.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I went to see if he had posted anything about it on Usenet back then and came across this instead which gave me a good chuckle.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I don’t remember much DS9 music but the main theme owns.

Also Christopher Franke owns, Tangerine Dream owns, and B5 music owns.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

dudeness posted:

"Stroke Off!"

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The CG was done in 4:3 https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/22/babylon-5-digital-video-quality/

Eyud fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 19, 2018

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Never skip episodes. They are all good.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

You just described every episode on the show.

Have you ever actually watched Babylon 5?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

He did indeed:

http://www.jmsnews.com/messages/message?id=9093

http://www.jmsnews.com/messages/message?id=8677

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Sense8 is great.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Zat posted:

ITunes should have the same new 4:3 HD version now as Amazon and HBO Max do. Can't confirm by myself but that's what the internet tells me.

It does in the US at least, $70 for the series

E: it used to be the lovely DVD version but it was updated to the 4:3 remaster around the time it came out elsewhere

Eyud fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 6, 2023