Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

90's fashions and decor are my 2nd favourite thing about Babylon 5. Look at those high-waisted pleatmaster pants and baggy pastel cloth jackets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Grand Fromage posted:

Zima being the only product to survive into the 2200s is my favorite joke of the entire show.

Still readily available in Japan. The only nation committed to generating artificial meteor showers and robotic eldercare. I think it just might make it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Is this the accepted B5 watch order?

quote:

Watch the pilot film "The Gathering"
Watch the whole of seasons 1, 2 and 3
Watch season 4 episodes 1-8
Watch the film "Thirdspace"
Watch season 4 episodes 9-22
Watch the film "In The Beginning"
Watch season 5 episodes 1-21
Watch the film "River Of Souls"
Watch the film "A Call To Arms"
Watch the episodes of "Crusade" in this order:

1x01 - War Zone
1x02 - The Long Road
1x06 - Ruling from the Tomb
1x08 - Appearances and Other Deceits
1x10 - The Memory of War
1x11 - The Needs of Earth
1x09 - Racing the Night
1x12 - Visitors from Down the Street
1x13 - Each Night I Dream of Home
1x04 - The Path of Sorrows
1x05 - Patterns of the Soul
1x03 - The Well of Forever
1x07 - The Rules of the Game

Watch the film "The Legend Of The Rangers: To Live And Die In Starlight"
Watch the film "The Lost Tales: Voices In The Dark"
Watch season 5 episode 22 ("Sleeping In Light")

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

They wasted so much time on stupid Marcus...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

More uncomfortable than that time the doctor invited himself to partake in the bagna cauda.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Paradoxish posted:

Someone convince me I'm wrong.

If you watch Season 5 you are all clear to watch Babylon 5 Crusade.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nothing in the shadow war disturbed me more than Lennier having to listen at the door while Delen ritually explores Sinclair's pleasure centers and then a few episodes later when Garibaldi has to watch the woman he still loves play housewife-maidservant to a wizened geriatric scrotum of a man.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I love Garibaldi's tactical fleece pullover with elasticized battle cuffs.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Walker Smith half of the TKO episode is fantastic. You've forgotten that wandering-outsider-combatant was a major category of film back then. B5 was artistically obligated to show deference to the genre. They did a great job, the space 90's costumes were great. Its also the Zima episode. Doubley so in the sense that its an acquired taste no lost to most audiences.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The best part of the telepath plot is getting to see all those aged-out-but-still-clinging sunset strip rockband keyboarists trying their hand at extras work and earning a good day's pay for their glorious 90's man-manes. They really give it all when trying to put together "strained glance" and "collective scowl" performances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Amazing that Jerry Doyle developed the entire set of mannerisms, speech patterns and character gestalt for Michael Garibaldi 2 years prior to landing the role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUrWcKwzsEk