Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vavrek posted:

... And it has Jameela Jamil, Jason Alexander, and Daveed Diggs as recurring cast?

And Kate Mulgrew, Robert Beltran, and whatsisname from TNG who played Captain Jellicoe back as Admiral Jellicoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Yeah, same. The A Call To Arms game was much more playable and better suited for fleet actions. Never got to play that though.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

That's part of it, you're getting completely unspoiled people watching it. But for me, my favorite thing is sharing a treat. Watching someone enjoy a new thing that I've loved for years is a real pleasure.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Midjack posted:

Yep, it would make a lot of sense to saw it off once the Shadow War ends. I'll be interested to see how he feels about what happens to Londo and the Centauri in season 5.

I think he's going to appreciate it, especially the League involvement. The Centauri get right back to their old tricks and the Alliance members beat their poo poo down.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's on-camera in In The Beginning.

Which he hasn't seen. He did miss that Delenn was the deciding vote for wiping out the humans though, that might adjust his opinion.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Torrannor posted:

I think there's a real difference here. The Minbari were intent on straight genocide, but what we saw in In the Beginning was mostly them hitting military targets. It's mentioned that they shoot down civilian ships I think, and there was this short clip of a Minbari stabbing a human who could have been a civilian, but that's it.

There was also the bunker scene of a bunch of civilians obviously under bombardment. One man in civilian garb gets up, says goodbye to his family, picks up a rifle and heads out. I read that as "all of these civilians are hosed".

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I don't think he has. The Dilgar sun going boom does seem like something the Vorlons might have done, but there's no evidence beyond them killing Deathwalker. I did get the impression that humanity blew up our own sun to clear things up as we move to the Vorlon homeworld to pick up their mantle as an Elder species.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

My guess for release date is on the 23rd as part of the HBO Max -> Max.com rebranding.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Asteroid Alert posted:

This new movie is that feature. A live-action film would have been amazing, but with the age of the cast and other production considerations, doing it via animation seems like a good option.

It being animation is not what I'm worried about, but I'm a day zero viewer so let's hope he got it right.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I couldn't resist commenting on this blind watcher's post in the other thread. I don't think I said anything spoilery but I may have revealed something in a less vague way than I intended. If someone here thinks it's too close to the edge let me know and I'll blank it.

I think you're okay, but you'll want a second opinion.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I'm okay with that look.

What's sad is, we've got three re-casts in three images. RIP Richard Biggs, Tim Choate, and Mira Furlan.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Okay, that looks good. Excellent premise.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

B5 should be made into video games, like Mass Effect is just B5 but with sexy blue alien babes.

We never got this because of corporate shenanigans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCTyQAB1NPo

But we did get this because of FS2 mods,

http://babylon.hard-light.net/

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

Finding out about that reference is what got me to read the real Bester's few science fiction works. Demolished man and The Stars my Destination are both good novels, but I think his short story collections are more interesting, and are definitely worth checking out if you decide to poke into those.

Do not read his 1975 novel, The Computer Connection. Is hilariously awful and hosed up in many strange ways. It's one chapter full of "he did NOT just go there" after another. You have been warned.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

There are copies of the original animation files. Some people have re-rendered some scenes and put them up,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf0ka2xJF94

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Wow, thanks. You're right: I was OK until the scene with Sheridan passing on....then I got choked up. I can't even watch Medusa Cascade's review because she's going to be a mess.

She got through it much better than I would have expected, I think I was crying more than she was.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Vavrek posted:

One of my favorite details is something I only picked up on after learning the fact that Biggs was hearing impaired:

It comes from what the actor had to deal with, but it works wonderfully for the character.

I'm going to have to remember that for my next rewatch.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

quote:

and you know their writers would've tied up everything in a neat little bow if they'd been given that setting

Believers was written by David Gerrold, who ran the writer's room for TNG for the first two seasons. JMS hired him with very specific intent.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

sebmojo posted:

I think obsession over spoilers is actively damaging, but I'm ok with keeping that thread as a clean room and dropping in a reminder from time to time.

:hmmyes:

I support the clean room policy for those of you who still post in the Zorlons thread. I've hosed up too often, so I stay out of it. People who aren't dumb like me and can meaningfully participate within those guard rails should.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

That's absolutely correct for normal spoiler rules. The newbies thread is not under normal spoiler rules. It's a clean room, absolutely no hints whatsoever.

e. Like that recent mention about Marcus and Ivanova. Nobody who knows what happens should be commenting on that.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Are you counting the pilot as the mini series?

The BSG miniseries was absolutely a pilot. It set everything up for the series, but was self-contained enough that the audience could have just wondered how that worked out if we didn't get the series. 33' in its turn was a fantastic episode and a deeply set hook in people who hadn't seen the miniseries. Honestly, it'd be hard to do better setting up a new series than following up an excellent miniseries with an absolute banger of a first episode.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I thought Delenn said that the other human pilots they tested did make the Triluminary glow.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

I would have loved a really solid scene between Morden and Cartagia. Both actors do different kinds of evil so well.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Q_res posted:

To be fair, Morden was absolutely wrong about that. I'm really curious what would have happened if those Shadow ships had still been intact when the Planetkiller showed up.

That's easy, they blow their CGI budget for the rest of the season on one episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Should've invited G'Kar to watch instead of Delenn, he'd have loved it.

Invite Londo and the whole course of galactic history might have changed.