Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
because of this show I am permanently unable to remember which way longitude and latitude go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The real problem was the telepaths were consuming all of Babylon 5's hair conditioner

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The way things are going somebody is going to be able to use computer learning or whatever the gently caress they call that ai poo poo to just up res the DVD copy of the show regardless of what a handful of the nerds want to do with the cg files

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
You ever notice how much of this show is Skype calls over bad CRT monitors

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
zoot zoot

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
lol wasn't that guy in the opening credits for season 2

he was barely a character

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Zero posted:

Yeah, welcome to the 90s. The Entire Star Trek TOS/TNG/DS9 runs would have taken up a small room by themselves.

I always love telling the story of how my mom spent ages getting the Columbia House Star Trek video tapes in the mail and then the day we got the final episode of next gen we saw the first commercial for the DVD box sets on TV

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Hahah what the gently caress this owns

e: I mean technically the official Lego stuff that's based largely off of concept art is great but it sucks that it's all so US focused

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

There is a canon illustration of the Babylon station available. It's pretty close to the design for Babylon 3 in that series of images, although it's not easy to pick out all the details because it's a three quarter profile from the front and against a starfield.

...may I see it

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

One picture of the Babylon Station, as requested. Apologies for the quality, it was photographed from a book.

This image also predates ITB, so while it was canon at the time the show takes precedence. However, B1 is canonically meant to have collapsed during construction of the outer rotating sections - at the time it was blamed on substandard materials; people didn't question the incident, or B2's fusion reactor explosion, until B3 was destroyed by more obvious bombing - so it could be that this is "concept art" of the finished product while the photo from ITB is only of the central superstructure.

Thanks for posting and satisfying curiosity I've had about this since I was a kid

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I really liked Star Trek's secular humanist future because it was what it was without actually calling religious people stupid, I think it sucks that they walk that back every chance they get because it just makes whatever they produce even more generic.

Meanwhile everybody laughs when they have the Mormons step on a rake in every space opera

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Goblin Craft posted:

I think my main failing is that when people ask "why would a conservative like this show," I don't realize it's a rhetorical question and no one is actually interested in hearing an answer.

Poor persecuted conservatives, nobody even *wants* to understand you!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Babylon 5 rewatch: Lochley's hair is reaching centauri proportions:

The '90s were a glorious time, although I don't think B5 got as far into the shoulder pads thing as trek did

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I thought they hated all the PTEN shows, that's why we are still deprived of kung fu The legend continues DVDs

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

jng2058 posted:

You mean these DVDs, available for $43 per season on Amazon?

Holy poo poo thanks I had no idea

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
it'll be some crypto poo poo called BesterBux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I hope it's Babylon 5 pogs. do they still make pogs?