Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I've been working through B5 with an ex (although it's currently referred to as "Space James" because Sinclair looks like a mutual friend) and we're almost up to Intersections in Real Time. There's one I'm always interested in getting peoples opinions of

This is one of my favorites. I love that despite being placed in the middle of a long narrative arc of episodes it manages to function as a completely standalone story and requires no specific knowledge of any of the characters aside from The Prisoner and The Interrogator. Also bonus Sky Marshal Dienes appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

There is no episode order for Crusade that makes it worth watching. It's real bad.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I'll have to check it out. I like reading all the back story related to episodes.

Don’t forget to preload your image cache.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

It's a group photo, signed by five of the eight cast members present, prints available on etsy.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

As long as he hires someone else to write or at least heavily proofread the dialog I'm good.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

before you embark on a journey to reclaim your people's rightful place in the galaxy, dig two graves

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Have the newbies met Mr morden yet? Is he s1?

Signs and Portents I think.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Winifred Madgers posted:

Trying not to hold my breath for a proper full remaster. It's on time for a 30th anniversary edition Blu ray though....

Crusade OST remaster.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Bet the farm on Lost Tales director's cut.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Mumy is absolutely right in that interview when he says Lennier was done dirty at the end.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, JMS is a good writer but he is a little weird about certain things.
3m30s

https://youtu.be/rDi91DpnFYk

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

The Lennier situation was already resolved by him essentially running away and joining a monastery. His betrayal happened literally in the final episode. Totally unnecessary.
Well, not technically the final episode but you know what I mean.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Deakul posted:

drat, I mean... I hate to say it but that looks really bad.
It doesn't help that I can never jive with this sort of CGI, it reminds me too much of a Telltale video game or a 3D JRPG cutscene, really cheap feeling.

The voice work sounds pretty rough across the board too, the sound mixing is awful.

I don't actually mind the art style but the trailer is real bad. I'm hoping it's just a terrible trailer and not indicative of the work as a whole because every other piece of dialog being some warmed-over line from the show fills me with dread.

The more B5 content that gets released (the TV movies, Crusade, Lost Tales, LoTR) the more it becomes apparent that the original run was absolute lightning in a bottle, never to be repeated.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Vavrek posted:

I could see that being a deliberate choice for the trailer. Take all the moments that are references back which, in the full film, are scattered connections to the series, and put them together into a montage of "HEY LOOK AT THIS REMEMBER THE SHOW". I know that, for feature films, the trailers are put together by a different team than the film itself and are optimized to be advertisements.

That's exactly my hope but, gestures at every other B5 spin-off...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Yup that all basically happens in In the Beginning.