Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Last(?) thread actually had one or two people watching through it for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I'd also like to know, but I lack PMs, unfortunately. :(

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Timby posted:

For ages, some friends of mine were militant that you shouldn't watch In the Beginning as an intro because of the Valen spoiler, but, really, it's the best possible introduction one can get to the show: You get a heavy dose of Boxleitner for better or for worse, you've got one of Londo's best moments (the speech about the humans), G'Kar and Franklin are depicted pretty well despite their limited screentime, and Reiner Schöne is one of my favorite character actors. There's some hamfisted stuff in there--thinking specifically of Ivanova--but in general it works very well to give you a taste of the series.

My first interaction with B5 was In The Beginning.

I had no idea what was going on, and it was so weird at the time, these dudes with bone-heads hanging out with some dudes who wear weird but cool-looking plastic/ceramic suits. My Dad kept making College Football analogies while watching it.

About a year later I learned Babylon 5 was actually a thing, and I was like 'ohhh, that wasn't a b-movie randomly made'.

Honestly ITB was interesting enough to make me want to watch the series, so it worked out in the end.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Space Penn and Teller are worth it, just for Londo's reactions to them.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I have access to The Gathering but it sits there, unbidden. Unwatched.

I like this arrangement.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

In The Beginning, yes, which should definitely not be watched in the beginning

I watched In The Beginning before I even knew what B5 was! :shepface:

Thankfully some time passed between watching that and actually watching B5 that I forgot all of the major spoilers except one, though they spoil that one again super early on in actual B5.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Come to think of it, did we ever get mention of the Mimbari religion at all outside of the Religious Caste being a thing?

The Centauri talk about their gods every so often, the Narns at least talk about their Saint figures, but I don't remember anything about the Mimbari religion(s?).

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Doctor Zero posted:

I saw lots of new posts and feared someone had died... but then I saw it was the Marcus thing and I really wish it had been because of a death.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Babylon 5: I saw lots of new posts and feared someone mentioned Marcus

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Narsham posted:

Mumy came to JMS at some point (I think in S2) and said "I think Lennier is in love with Delenn" and JMS said "you really want the character to go that way? OK." Mumy was not happy about where that story took him in S5 and my impression is that he's still peeved with JMS; JMS in turn still seems annoyed that Mumy slipped a few easter-eggy references to his band into the show.

That makes me wonder if Jason Carter (Marcus) has any similar stories.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

I said come in! posted:

May I please have a good Babylon 5 video game that is next-gen?

poo poo, I can take JMS barfing out an RPG Maker game at this point.

There was that one Sierra tried making but I think Sierra was folding at that point and thus the game was never made. I think it was called Into the Fire or something like that.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Midjack posted:

Your answer is in the top result if you google for “g’kar dead dead dead” but I guess that’s too hard to do.

Oh no, someone asking a question about Babylon 5 in the Babylon 5 thread. Whatever shall we do?!

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

I was always unclear about the big Centauri empire. Did it still exist recently enough for Londo to know it firsthand or is he pining for something long gone that he never experienced? Like I know the Narns gaining their freedom was recent, but was that the height of Centauri power or the most recent instance of their decline?

I had thought the loss of Narn started the decline but I guess the timeline doesn't add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

mllaneza posted:

Two, the little Markab girl who couldn't find her parents.

Speaking of things that B5 eerily predicted, looking forward to the Markab getting more gravitas.