Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

"Measly Twerp" posted:

Basically, Lando and G'Kar stuck in an elevator makes Babylon 5 the better series. Even if it is cheesy.
I had forgotten about that scene. It's such a great encapsulation of their relationship at the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Timby posted:

Boxleitner is a one-note actor who, in a show filled with low-rent actors, somehow stood out as being the worst. I mean, poo poo, he made Scoggins look competent. I get that people love lines like "NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR GALAXY!" but he delivers them with a level of cheese that would make the entire state of Wisconsin go, "Wait, God drat."

And I've said it before, but if you want to get yourself into an alcoholic coma / develop acute liver failure, take a shot every time he says, "No ... nonononono." Holy gently caress.

He's pretty one-note, but I'm not sure he's the worst. Garibaldi might be my pick.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Vavrek posted:

Also, short hair + skullcaps. I'd be intrigued how many actresses actually shaved their heads for Centauri roles (or already had shaved heads). I know that Virginia Hey did it for her two years on Farscape, and that it was kind of a hardship.

Note that they have ribbons around their heads. This is to hide the bald cap seams.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

sebmojo posted:

IT FAILED

That is my favorite opening.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Just rewatched Eyes this evening and was struck by what seems like a very pointed name and backstory to the villain. Does anyone know who he was a reference to?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"Ben Zayn" is also not a real Israeli/Jewish surname and literally means "Son of Dick".

I was specifically wondering if he was skewering a member of the Israeli military. It doesn't seem outside the realm of what JMS would do (although it's not his name on the episode).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

MikusR posted:

That looks awful. And cheap.

I'm not sure why, but it's pinging as 3d for me.