Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.
An internet friend of mine started up a "watch B5 week-by-week" and while she and the others are newbs I've seen this show too many times as it is. We just got up to Deathwalker and I was impressed. I always remembered it as a mid-tier episode between two great episodes but it's actually a fascinating little one-off that I assume might have managed to have payoff if Andrea Thompson hadn't had to leave in the middle of season two. My only complaint is that Sinclair's deescalation of the League ship threat seems a little abrupt. Anyone else have any episodes they remembered as kinda "meh" that really shone on a rewatch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

hope and vaseline posted:

It always throws me that TKO has *that* main plot and then the Ivanova sitting shiva for her father subplot which is really good character stuff

I'll be watching that episode next week... Not looking forward to the main plot.

Yesterday I rewatched "Signs and Portents" and it was all I could do not to rant incessantly about how fun a villain Mr. Morden is to the newbies since at this point he hasn't done too much yet.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait; Zathras, Zathras, or Zathras?

No, Zathras.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Just finished rewatching TKO and yep, that still sure is an episode. The A-plot is... bad. The B-plot has a few good moments but I still want to strangle the rabbi (and to a lesser but firmer degree Sinclair) for forcing Ivanova to do things when she is literally perfect.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Rewatched "Grail" last week. It's bad. It's not TKO-bad but it's so bad. None of the guest actors are fun in their roles.

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Oh yeah? Try watching it while you are literally reading le mort d'arthur in high school.

Time being linear, this will be difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Rewatched "Eyes" this week. It's a great episode, especially in the context of the era where consequences from episodes from a few weeks back weren't common. I'm a little sad that Mr. Gray never got to recur since he's the closest thing to a sympathetic average telepath.