Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got my wife hooked on Babylon 5 and we have been watching the show a lot on Amazon Prime. :homebrew: We are half way through season 2 now, so the Narn have declared war, the centauri emperor is dead, and Earth Force is way too relevant and real to 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pick posted:

Oh man just wait until you see what else happens to Earth that is extremely fuckin relevant.

I know what you're referring to! I watched Babylon 5 since the first episode aired, just that my wife is watching it for the first time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot how hosed up the Narn homeworld invasion episode is. You really lose a lot of respect for Lando with that one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jedit posted:

You're meant to. He even had the chance to change his path, and didn't.

Really thinking about it more, I didn't realize how hosed up that episode was. I was a child back when this originally aired. Watching it again as an adult, these episodes are a lot more meaningful and impactful. Season 2 really punches you in the gut with that episode of the entire alien race dying and then following it up with the surrender and mass genocide of the Narn race.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One thing that makes me sad about Babylon 5 is that none of the blank spaces in the lore were later filled in. I wish there was more explained about the Vorlon homeworld, really all of the homeworlds of each race. On the other hand that mystery is kind of a good quality to the show, if that makes sense?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What I really need is a new Babylon 5 video game. I really want a video game adaptation actually of Babylon 5 Wars, because that table top game is hard to find now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

raverrn posted:

I run B5 wars every year as a con game with a somewhat simplified rule set. Everybody loves rolling for crits and filling out the damage sheets.

The manual was awesome and I read it all of the time. :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Midjack posted:

Is there something particular you're looking for? I have the entire printed product line an PDFs, though I don't have many of the minis.

I actually need a PDF of the manual as I lost my physical copy. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Midjack posted:

I got home and found my Compendium; I thought it had a PDF of the rules but the Ships of the Fleet books were the ones with the CD. I don't think I can help you right now, though there are a couple of rulebooks floating around on eBay.

Check PMs.

Thank you! I am going to try to get one on Ebay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jerry seinfel posted:

I'm watching for the first time and just reached season 5

Sheridan.... why did you grow a goatee

The 90s were hosed up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Babylon 5: I saw lots of new posts and feared someone had died.

There are still a few cast members left... :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zack Allen just wanted a few extra credits each month, now he is a space Nazi. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The wife and I are watching the part II episode right now where they get Babylon 5 and Sinclair comes back. :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Timby posted:

God drat do I hate Bruce Boxleitner.

How dare you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The wife and I finished season 3 just now. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Iniating the get us the hell out of here maneuver.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight I watched the episode where Vir shanked a bitch, Lando becomes prime minister, and Narn is free.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John Sheridan killed Bryan Cranston, is this points for or against him?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are Sinclair and Valen the same people?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The wife and I just have three episodes left of season 4. She really loves the show and i'm glad to be watching the whole thing for the 2nd time in my life, and with someone special to me at that. :3: I haven't really seen the show since it originally aired and was brand new.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's plausible for some kind of underground to get built up like that, but it seems like it'd take more than 2 or 3 years to happen.

Makes Garibaldi seem kinda poo poo at his job if he just started out totally ignoring a whole region of the station.

The down below felt like social commentary on how people view the homeless. There are multiple instances of the characters outright admitting that they hate the homeless, ignore that they exist, and in some cases want to outright murder them. Having lived in a major city, I can confirm this is the sentiment of most people towards the homeless.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Just finished the first season. The only thing that bugs me about the show is the music. It's bad. Really bad. I'm enjoying the crap out of the show so far though. What the heck happened to Commander space john kerry though??? Contract dispute or something? Like here's a new commander, and I guess he's okay, but I'll miss space john kerry. :saddowns:

The actor was batshit crazy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't like Lando just yet. Him and G'Kar have one of the best arcs on the show, but Lando is an evil piece of poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Next Generation, and Deep Space 9 were the only good Star Treks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My wife is sad that Claudia Christian isn't in season 5. I guess she gave WB the cold shoulder for the season and just outright ignored them when they needed to know if she wanted to be back?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Do any shows even do an opening theme anymore? Pretty much everything has just like a sting over a logo anymore I think.

I guess The Orville does a theme, maybe that will be updated.

HBO does amazing openings. My favorite is Westworld. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkHuRROPfk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Almost half way through season 5, and I am going to just pretend none of this is canon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're still in the telepath arc, just hang in until it's over. Things get much better once it's done. And you will know exactly when it's finished.

The telepath arc is horrible, but what really pisses me off is G'Kar being a body guard to Londo. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Then you've missed the whole point of their arc; In a sick kind of way, G'Kar is now the only person Londo can trust. If G'Kar was going to kill him, it'd be face-to-face rather than some underhanded scheme.

That's such bullshit. G'Kar would never go along with being a body guard. It makes absolutely no sense. Plus in season 5, Zack Allen learns absolutely nothing from his him in the Night Watch and goes back to being a space nazi.

I refuse to accept G'Kar and Londos relationship in season 5 makes sense and isn't just bullshit fan pandering. It literally just happens out of the blue.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 25, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Then you missed the whole part of G'Kar's arc in season 3 as well.

I didn't miss anything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Q_res posted:

Found some footage of the latest Babylon 5 cast reunion. https://youtu.be/0oHtLmjKRbE?t=108

Hahahahah holy poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I introduced my wife to this show a few months ago and she absolutely loved it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pick posted:

Speaking as a woman there is a lot of deep affection for B5 from women in particular. I'd say we're more likely to get into it than most other scifi series you might expect.

Completely agree. She loved Delenn, Lyta, Talia, Susan, and Na'Toth the most.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I watched the Next Generation episode last night where G'Kar shows up as a Romulan. :allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

There's more than one.

He sends some Romulans into federation space to cause shenanigans. I forgot he is in multiple episodes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

May I please have a good Babylon 5 video game that is next-gen?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Honestly B5 might make for a mapgame I'd actually play, or a good space RTS, or an old school space-fighter game.

Or hell, an RPG might be good.

What I really want is a next gen adventure game that takes place entirely in Babylon 5 with the entire station explorable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm glad I didn't bother with that show beyond the first two episodes. Everything I read about it makes it sound like a dumpster fire that is the complete polar opposite of what was promised when the script first started being written.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would rather just continue to watch and enjoy the show as it was originally aired on TV. I don't need updated CGI models of Babylon 5, they aren't even that good anyways by todays standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TraderStav posted:

the one with the organic technology from the ancient race that was found and created the super monster.

You just described every episode on the show.