Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Redirected from the star trek thread, hi! Ill be watching the show for the first time. I decided I'll watch every episode, I'll post some thoughts along the way for anyone who likes reactions. Starting season 1 tomorrow, I know a little about the story so I'm pretty excited to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Only a couple episodes down, I find it weird how often Sinclair sorties in a fighter. I figured he'd do more of what Ivanova does, but maybe he just wants to get off the ship.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I noticed what people kept saying about "little hints" in every episode. At the end of the soul hunter one, Sinclair is Journaling and wonders why someone with delenn's status is on the Babylon. I think I'm 3 or 4 episodes in, getting more done today. It can be a little rough but it's still fun, definitely like ds9 season 1.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

What kind of space customs has one guy and no security?! Of course this guy is going to get killed by smugglers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think I got as far as the mind war episode with chekov. Which was an awesome surprise, BTW. I'm really enjoying this so far. It is corny but I like that every episode just feels like "what's going on today?" with the station. And I love Sinclair's relationship with Sakai.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Finishing up Believers right now (great episode), and I want to echo the sentiment for Sky full of Stars. That ending really got me stoked to find out more about the mysterious ending of the conflict. Do we get answers to that before Sinclair leaves the show? Or does it get answered anyway?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Holy poo poo, just watched episode 13. I don't even know. Must continue to follow up on this mystery.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Finished Babylon squared. Very curious about the man in the blue spacesuit. And I'm trying to figure out if/how it ties into the shadowy strangers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Well I'm somewhere in the early Season 2 at this point (episode 4 or 5 I think?). I'm kind of taking time to get used to Sheridan, as I really liked Sinclair. What was the off-set reason for switching? I was all ready and excited to see Delenn's transformation and exit from the cocoon, only to have it immediately ruined by the opening credits of Season 2. Overall though, I like the start they've gotten off to. These shadow folk people are pretty scary, but they seem to be a good enemy to build up to. I love the way they just plow through other ships in a few seconds.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Continuing my first watch now that it's on Amazon. I'm watching Z'ha'dum and was delenn's voice always so accented? I guess I might have missed it but she shows up at the end here and sounds totally different from what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Ahhh holy poo poo you guys the centauri just beat the narn and londo is stone cold demanding g'kar go to trial. Sheridan looked like he was going to murder londo for yelling at him.

I honestly can't watch anymore tonight but God drat that ending was hard, I think I hate londo.

Edit: "the centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again." :drat:

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 19, 2018