Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Baka-nin posted:

Well, Morden is a German word that means to kill with premeditation, but in English is just a meaningless and unassuming name. So yeah I can see a bunch of authors who like hidden meanings and the "you get more than you bargain for" theme using it for that type of character.

Morden is also a tube station on the London underground, end of line in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Probably the most goodhearted of any of the characters on the show. Even waving at Morden was justified

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Bit paranoid in that thread.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

You say “nothing related past 2:1” and that’s not true. Sheridan’s arc is specifically supposed to be ‘go from what appears to be a bright eyed career military poster child’ to sick of this poo poo overthrow EarthGov. Even saying things like “yeah, he sure does look chipper, doesn’t he? That’s intentional!” Implies that he won’t be that way for long and poo poo is going to start going down with him.

One of the absolute joys of the show is nothing is what it seems on the surface and everyone has a journey that massively transforms them, and even saying that makes people start looking for poo poo, and start guessing at it, at best incorrectly so they are still surprised, at worst correctly so they aren’t.

Just let the younger races watch without pre conceived notions of any kind please.

Yeah it does seem that even trying to comment on things contained within that episode can be coloured when I do have the full picture. It wasn't my intent but I'm happy to have got out of there without a 6'er and will just observe like one of the First Ones from now on.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

McCloud posted:

Well, you can comment here!

I'd say that is just as bad as what I put in the thread. How can you not believe he'll change after that 'no comment' bit.