Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Some Numbers posted:

What's a good storage/transport solution for my set of decks?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CF5OGP8/?coliid=I33MR9B3Q6Q8MS&colid=16JH72XQDST3K&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

note: this is from a reddit thread, I don't have one, I keep thinking about it but when I have $$ I just buy more cards...halp...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Mulloy posted:

So I've been dicking around with izzet delver and dimir alchemy. Are there any good control decks in pauper? I like how alchemy plays and angler is stupid but I'd like another option for variety.

How good? The Orzhov Pestilence deck is really fun but its more midrangy than strict control, and has plenty of bad match ups. It isn't awful and it is really fun (imo)

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Elyv posted:

There's a Prophetic Prism for S in MH1.

Do y'all expect it to see play? I know Prism sees play but also that it sees play in Tron, which clearly won't work for this.

didn't the boros midrange decks use proph. prism? not sure what current builds are like, but they could run a reasonable number of snow basics to cast this.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I don't understand what's happening, I was just trying to illustrate how much of a casual player I was, not that my playstyle has anything to do with the ban list, nor was I implying anyone should be ashamed of whatever deck.

I play this game because it's cheap, and I can play with my friends as well as be a part of things like 1k's. Meanwhile helping my lgs. I have never even played any other format besides commander once or twice, which was pretty unfun and long as gently caress.

The pauper decks I play are mono green infect, RWG landfall, Spores, izzet blitz when that was a thing, and this BW lifegain soul eater deck. These decks are bad and I rarely win.

Not all that worried what the game does.

Even not so serious players should worry about what the game does, because if you play with 20+ other people you are not immune to what happens. If one deck is too good it has ramifications. People stop playing the decks they like to play 'the best deck' and/or they stop playing whatever format because they don't like what the overpowered deck does to the format as a whole. So either your LGS events can trend toward no fun, or see a reduction in players neither of which is what you want to have happen. The likelihood that 20+ people ignore the meta is probably low. Maybe you get lucky and they do though.